What are the Green Lenz connectors

cutting42

Hi Chaps

I am building a DC controller and want to use the same connectors as my Lenz Set 100 system so I can just substitute it for the DCC controller and use the same connections to the track and PSU. Does anyone know where they can be got from or what type they are. I tried looking at Molex but too many to choose from. I dont need the plugs which are Lenz part LY001 but the sockets which I cannot find.

Help please!

Hi Gareth, having worked for several connector manufacturers over the years (including Molex) this became a bit of a challenge for me. so it was fun revisiting all those manufacturers.

Having looked at my Lenz connectors there are no tell tale marks or codes, but I suspect they are made by Phoenix Contact. Found these in the RS/Farnell catalogues. See what you think....They look the part to me.

Phoenix Contact - RS

Phoenix Contact - Farnell

• Like 1

Hi Chaps

I am building a DC controller and want to use the same connectors as my Lenz Set 100 system so I can just substitute it for the DCC controller and use the same connections to the track and PSU. Does anyone know where they can be got from or what type they are. I tried looking at Molex but too many to choose from. I dont need the plugs which are Lenz part LY001 but the sockets which I cannot find.

Help please!

See:http://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/index.php?cPath=23_219 - you should find what your looking for there :D Good prices also

Oops just noticed it's the "pcb sockets" that your after :blink: ask DCC supplies - they are very helpful

Hi Gareth, having worked for several connector manufacturers over the years (including Molex) this became a bit of a challenge for me. so it was fun revisiting all those manufacturers.

Having looked at my Lenz connectors there are no tell tale marks or codes, but I suspect they are made by Phoenix Contact. Found these in the RS/Farnell catalogues. See what you think....They look the part to me.

Phoenix Contact - RS

Phoenix Contact - Farnell

Hi Gordon

Many thanks for your research on this, I think you have found them. I have a RS trade counter round the corner so will give them a go today. As many have said before, it is astonishing the range of knowledge on this forum!

http://www.dccwiki.com/XpressNet gives some part numbers for the connectors at a couple of suppliers. I'm sure sockets are available from these suppliers.

See

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=retrieveTfg&Ne=4294957561&N=4294921357+4294955274

Adrian

Hi Adrian

Thanks for that, it confirms Gordons research nicely, RS pn is 220 4866 http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=2204866

• 11 years later...

Sorry for reactivating an old thread, but I’m looking for the PLUGS that Lenz use in the sockets discussed above

it’s irritating that their power & track connections are on the same 4 pole connector - I was wondering if I could substitute two 2 pole connectors side by side. Rather than resorting to hacking my brand new plug in half!

Tried RS but there’s far too much “choice”.....

cheers

Phil G

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, philg said:

Sorry for reactivating an old thread, but I’m looking for the PLUGS that Lenz use in the sockets discussed above

it’s irritating that their power & track connections are on the same 4 pole connector - I was wondering if I could substitute two 2 pole connectors side by side. Rather than resorting to hacking my brand new plug in half!

Tried RS but there’s far too much “choice”.....

cheers

Phil G

Is this what you're looking for - https://www.coastaldcc.co.uk/products/lenz/ly-001-connector-set

The two way is probably this part

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-terminal-blocks/2204658/

Derived from the numbers for the 3-way part given on DCC-Wiki, and then working up/down the range at RS for same pin spacing/maker of connector.    Note that price requires you to buy a bag of 5 connectors.  

However, may be easier to leave the four-pole in place, and have that connect to a panel box of your own design, which has a two-pin socket for the power and a **different** two pin to the track.  That way, far less likely to connect the power to the wrong pins !

1 minute ago, Nigelcliffe said:

The two way is probably this part

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-terminal-blocks/2204658/

Derived from the numbers for the 3-way part given on DCC-Wiki, and then working up/down the range at RS for same pin spacing/maker of connector.    Note that price requires you to buy a bag of 5 connectors.  

However, may be easier to leave the four-pole in place, and have that connect to a panel box of your own design, which has a two-pin socket for the power and a **different** two pin to the track.  That way, far less likely to connect the power to the wrong pins !

Cheers

i was also worrying about putting the 2 poles in the wrong places, but the LZV200 also has a 5.5mm power socket so I might end up using that. Still undecided

Thanks though

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, philg said:

cheers

Phil G

5 pole actually

Been there done that. Now 2+3

Edited by melmerby

24 minutes ago, philg said:

Indeed. 5 into 3+2 would have been ideal, but 2+2 is an accident waiting to happen

Both are accidents waiting to happen. You can switch the 2 and 3-pole in a 5-pole socket just as much as you can switch two 2-pole in a 4-wat socket.

14 minutes ago, Crosland said:

Both are accidents waiting to happen. You can switch the 2 and 3-pole in a 5-pole socket just as much as you can switch two 2-pole in a 4-wat socket.

I saw an alternative photo on FB. Fix the rear panel so that a 5 pole plug fits for power & track!

I think I’ll go with the power plug option. I have some 5.5mm plugs lying around somewhere 

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, philg said:

I saw an alternative photo on FB. Fix the rear panel so that a 5 pole plug fits for power & track!

I think I’ll go with the power plug option. I have some 5.5mm plugs lying around somewhere 

But what size 5.5mm plugs?:D

The central pin can vary in diameter. Quite often 2.1mm but not always