LONGHARTLEY - BR(NE) early 60's

Toftwood

What's the current track plan? (for when your computer's done throwing a fit)

It will probably be a variation on the original Rice plan from the start of this post.  With the extra room I am playing around with various ideas.  I have been gathering ideas from books that I have, eg in North East at the end of Steam (I think thats the title) there is a couple of shots at the junction for Wearmouth Colliery which I fancy incorporating. I had thought about South Pelaw Jnc but need more space to do it justice. Then there are scenes around North Blyth sheds.  I have been adjusting my loco fleet to reflect the North East (Hull is not North East to my mind, it my have been served by the NER, but its midlands to me :no: ) I have a pair of K1's on order, but I wish ( and many others do so), that a J27 and or a Q6/7 could be produced RTR.....maybe???? :scratchhead:

I must admit I am more of a have a general idea and fit as I go along type of guy rather than have anything set in plaster before a rail is cut.  So we shall see...

Pete

I have set up a Facebook page Longhartley BR NE for the moment till I can get my computer fixed. I can easily post photos on there. I have all but finished the fiddle yard carcass. You will be able to see pics on FB page. The frame is not glued or pinned yet. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Toftwood,

It's been a while since I visited your thread.  I also visited FB but couldn't find your page.  Any progress?

Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Er! no, due too personal reasons  I have moved out of my previous abode into a 2 bed Bungalow, with a garage and a reasonable garden.  So plans are again on hold while I settle in.  An idea is to split the garage into two utilising the rear half for the train room leaving the front half for motoring bits. Icontinue to collect 'stuff' towards finally (hopefully) getting something started. Even if it is just a 4' square test track!

• 1 year later...

post-2207-0-80695200-1487678371_thumb.jpegWell its two years since I posted on here apart from a few questions in layout design.

My garage conversion is nearly complete, just a bit of painting to finnish off.  I will have then 9'x9' to play with.  As can be imagined I have had all sorts of grand plans floating around very interested in scemes like Crewlisle, Leeds Exchange, Striven etc.  I was reading through some old Railway Modeller mags and came across Littleton Junc in the Feb 2009 edition. This had similar characteristics to my previous thoughts on Longhartley so I resurrected old plans and adjusted them to 9x9. Attached is the result.  Not sure how the fiddle yard would work out, would have to start the left hand by the door.

• 10 months later...

Longhartley is no more, I have renamed my next effort Cullerbay and will be starting a new  thread under that name.

The room is now finished and I have a different plan to fit (I hope) the 9x9 space available.

Thanks for all those who have followed this thread and I hope some will follow Cullerbay.

Pete

Archived