156419 carrying new Greater Anglia logos

• RMweb Gold

08 February 2012.

Temperature, -1 with a windchill of around -10, even the monkeys had given up asking about welders.

156419 on 2D83, 13:08, Lowestoft - Ipswich - Greater Anglia logos, just South of Saxmundham station.

post-6662-0-99814400-1328729402.jpg

Not the best shot, but I was shaking with the cold !

post-6662-0-89703900-1328729422.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Its the NXEA paint with new logo isn't it? If so the doors are dark blue

http://railwayherald.../view/117861/LC

Correct, it's a new logo on the old NXEA repaint of the old ... :scratchhead:

I will (hopefully) go out again today and see if any of the other variations appear, trying to find a nice location for the Sizewell flasks when they next run.

• RMweb Gold

Its the NXEA paint with new logo isn't it? If so the doors are dark blue

http://railwayherald.../view/117861/LC

Correct, it's a new logo on the old NXEA repaint of the old ... :scratchhead:

I will (hopefully) go out again today and see if any of the other variations appear, trying to find a nice location for the Sizewell flasks when they next run.

Thanks - wasn't able to see that so well in the photos :pardon_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Todays offering

09 February 2012

Just South of Saxmundham station

170207 on 2D80, 13:13, Ipswich - Lowestoft - Greater Anglia logos

post-6662-0-53405300-1328814026.jpg

post-6662-0-16026100-1328814071.jpg

Which reminds me - the camera needs a good clean :blush:

The "Sea Foam Green" (ref. Fender Guitars) look startling against both the carriages and the snow!

Thanks, Dave - it look very bleak out there (I used to fish off Shingle Street a lot in the 70's and know what the winter East Wind feels like..)

Best, Pete.

Wonder if they'll use the two still in Central green and black to apply the full livery (if there is one for such a short franchise)

Greater Anglia have stated they will not be painting any trains into a "house" scheme due to the short nature of the franchise, and that the cost of repainting can be used elsewhere to "improve" services. So unless they are warranty repaints done by the leasing company (Which the 321's have - white with blue doors) then assume that nothing will be done paint wise.

A wise move IMO, something that's not really nesseccarry for such a short franchise, so simply adopting a neutral scheme. I remember reading in one of their news letters that the remainder of the 321's not through C6, 153/156/315s are all due C6 before the franchise expiry, so expect to see some more white and blue door units.

• RMweb Gold

Wonder if they'll use the two still in Central green and black to apply the full livery (if there is one for such a short franchise)

Central 156 has Greater Anglia logos, after problems on the Felixstowe branch today, they managed to throw out the Central 156, a NXEA 170 (logos) and a NXEA 153 (no logos), at the times when they managed to run a train rather than a bus, but the freights were running so a good day at Trimley for me.

Archived