2012 / 13/14.....Dukedog?

M.I.B

• RMweb Premium

I realise that a lot of UK modellers love the Dukedog as a prototype and it is a lovely model full of character.   However despite being 

of such an elderly appearance the locomotive is about 2-3 years from my chosen modelling period of the early 1930s.   I could of course play with time a bit, but I really wish Bachmann would investigate using the chassis of the model to develop a Bulldog.   A larger number wise, longer lived class with a great selection of names.   I'd certainly be in for one of those as soon as they appeared.  (not putting down the Bachmann model at all).

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
On 26/12/2021 at 11:45, Norton961 said:

9004 in store at Wellington shed..jpg

Looks like the brass ring behind the smokebox is unpainted. I was wondering what the BR treatment was for 14xx some time back and came up blank but not unreasonable to suppose the same as this.

23 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Looks like the brass ring behind the smokebox is unpainted. I was wondering what the BR treatment was for 14xx some time back and came up blank but not unreasonable to suppose the same as this.

I can find little evidence that the ring was unpainted in GWR or WR times.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Legend said:

A DC  GW green Dukedog would be most welcome . So,far the only DC versions have been BR black 

The only DC GWR green Dukedog that has been released was from the second run I believe; 31-089 no.3214 with the shirtbutton logo. Don't remember exactly when it was released. 2015/16 maybe.