EBay madness

Marcyg

Nice to see a dirty A1.

It's a good job BR never let them get into a dirty condition!!!!!

I think the coal is piled a little high as well....Health and Safety....;)

Evenin' all

LNER Wagons vol one on offer at £41.94 plus £4.90 postage and LNER wagons vol two on offer at £40.74 plus £2.50 postage.

I recently got these for £34.95 and £33.95 with no postal charges from the local Waterstones. They ordered them for me and arrived in a  couple of days for vol one and a week for vol two.

So I saved over £20 by making a minute stroll from my local supermarket.

Earlswood nob

• Like 4

Good morning all

If two people want a loco they seem to lose all reason.

Recently a Golden Arrow Leader kit went for £560 at an auction (not Ebay) and buyers commission would take that over £600. You can buy the kit for around £100 or made up for £295.

Madness

Earlswood nob

• Like 2

I appreciate the seller of this loco may have put time and effort into it, however the quality of the Hornby model means I can't see it making the asking price unfortunately:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lima-oo-class-50-NSE-weathered-and-super-detailed-/111156071440?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item19e16b0c10

It has a reserve too!

From the blurb, I gather that it's rare and collectable (and hence has a high price), so why weather it and destroy its attraction to collectors?

• RMweb Gold

I don't usually call it 'madness' when a well built loco reaches £370 but it's only a K's Kit!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111151291733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Tony

Probably due to the rarity - very few examples in captivity of a K's kit that someone's managed to build well  :jester: 

Found this whilst trawling ebay ; http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400345728050?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Now, the price isn't that bad, only £11.00 - £12.00 more than Hattons, but the postage on the other hand....

Cheers, Gary.

Now £91-94p!!!!!!

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Gold

Probably due to the rarity - very few examples in captivity of a K's kit that someone's managed to build well  :jester:

Ooops just realised this was Nucast kit so there really are very few well made K's kits in captivity.  :blind:

The beauty of Ebay for a seller

2 main guys battling it out for a relatively rare item

Assuming the winner does not want another one if a similar one were to come on the market it would probably "only" make around the £200 mark

Now, the price isn't that bad, only £11.00 - £12.00 more than Hattons, but the postage on the other hand....

Checking the small print, the quoted postage is to Australia, changing that to UK reveals that he offers free postage to UK, so not so bad. (unless you are in Australia)

Keith