RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

They are not the only seller with multiple IDs, but they generally seem to sell different stuff on each. The price difference for the same item is odd; would it be a way of disguising the postage cost for overseas? You could never post a book overseas for 61p.

Some book sellers on Amazon also appear to have more than one ID.

Pete

Two different seller IDs - interesting...

There are a few booksellers who operate like this on ebay, I once bought 2 different books from what i thought were 2 different sellers, paid 2 postages, and they arrived in the same parcel!

:fool:

They are not the only seller with multiple IDs, but they generally seem to sell different stuff on each. The price difference for the same item is odd; would it be a way of disguising the postage cost for overseas? You could never post a book overseas for 61p.

Some book sellers on Amazon also appear to have more than one ID.

Pete

I get £1.04 for the cheap and £2.04 for the expensive one, in postage to Sweden. I've bought from them in the past and their postage rates are very reasonable. The price difference is strange though.

Ah-ha! A steam engine designed by a committee!

I've always hankered after a steampunk railway...

This all looks like O 16.5 and the seller has no idea what he or she is selling.

Reasonably priced, (£9.99 to start) but....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PART-KIT-BUILT-LOCO-TRAIN-/231247360508?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item35d76ab1fc

There's only really one way to describe my reaction. 

Looks like a not wholly successful atempt at Pufing Billy or some similar pioneer locomotive (Derwent? Royal George?) by someone whose technical and aesthetic skills would normally preclude them from any project requiring extensive scratchbuilding.

I congratulate them on theior courage though.

Found this!. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-KIT-BUILT-BR-0-6-0-CLASS-87XX-PANNIER-TANK-LOCO-8702-WEATHERED-mw-/371061457793?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5664fc8381

This bit is funny;This loco has been repainted and weathered to an excellent standard. 

Yer if you are i a dark room!

Funny, looking at the pictures, I thought maybe it'd been left outside near the sea and all the seagulls had crapped on it! :)

Gosturde strikes again:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJH-KIT-BUILT-BR-4-6-2-BRITANNIA-CLASS-LOCO-92024-DORNOCH-FIRTH-PORTESCAP-py-/370936610169?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item565d8b7d79

Described as:- DJH KIT BUILT BR 4-6-2 BRITANNIA CLASS LOCO 92024 DORNOCH FIRTH PORTESCAP py

Only £597.50p.

Edited by andytrains

There appears to have been a bidding war.

Why I can't imagine. I would have thought around a fiver was appropriate (for the parts).

Inspiration! perhaps the buyer wants a chassis for the forthcoming GBL 'West Country'?

Still started from the wrong place and paid too much though.

I wanted the parts, but it went far too high for me...

There seems to be a "run" on the Tri-ang Hornby BOBs....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-31-350-KIT-BUILT-BR-2-6-4-CLASS-4MT-TANK-LOCO-80151-WEATHERED-mx-/371052112155?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item56646de91b#ht_1112wt_927

Seems now that "crapped on by seagulls (new standard for weathering???)" and having a few detailing parts added constitutes "KIT BUILT"!!!

EDIT: You can buy the new boxed/revised version DCC ready from Hattons for 84 quid! Surely a better 15 quid saving over this sad example ;)

Wonder if Bachmann know they produce kit built 4MTs! :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Ian Abel