modelrail uk

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Just a heads up for this Bournemouth based (and quite new) company (no connection other than meeting them at Donny Show).

Lovely range of lamps and signals (7mm, 4mm qnd 2mm) and clever turntable controls. Also a range of point motors, control units & CDUs as well as some clever lttle circuit board/units to do stuff such as Belisha Beacons and gas lamps.

What was really positive in my opinion was that the guys running this are young. This is not meant as a comment on age but as a statement that the hobby obviously has fresh blood as well as younger followers that understand 'heritage'.

www.modelrailuk.co.uk

Phil @ 36E

Hi Phil,

They do sound rather good, nice to see someone else (intending to) producing turntables and parts for them.

When you said they were young people here, I thought 'odd' as a friend of mines, Father in Law owns/runs Bournemouth Model Centre, oops! I think that's these guys: http://www.slotrail.com/modelrails.html

Looks like Bournemouth is quite well catered for in model railways, then?

Cheers,

John E.

Is this TrainTronics re-invented ?

I saw their display stand at the Southampton exhibition a couple of weeks ago and I thought the colour light signals looked a bit familiar.

Not on the website, but on their exhibition display, were new servo point motors. I can't quite remember, but I'm sure there was a DCC accessory board to go with them too.

Archived