DRS Daventry - Wentloog "LessCo Express"

Some Store facts

As of 26 February 2011, at the end of its 2010/11 financial year, Tesco's UK store portfolio was as follows.

2,815 stores including One Stop and Dobbies, that's 3,411,586 square metres or 36,722,000 square feet, not bad for a chain of smallish supermarkets!

I think that Simon was implying that Tesco own a large chain of smalliish supermarkets in addition to the Tesco-branded stores. That was my understanding, anyway.

I think that Simon was implying that Tesco own a large chain of smalliish supermarkets in addition to the Tesco-branded stores. That was my understanding, anyway.

Thank You Lonesome-whistle. That was exactly what I was implying. Although One-Stop are owned by the Tesco group. It is not part of the Supermarket division. It is a seperate entity within the Tesco Group. Unless you worked in the Supermarket industry, not alot of people knew that Tesco had aquired the One-Shop Group years ago. I was working for the Spar at the time as a Driver, and they were very worried about it. Boy, were they right to be!!

Until a couple of years ago, when someone asked/complained to the press, on why it was more expensive to buy bread and milk in a One=Shop than in a Tesco Shop, when it was the same company. Only when the press then made it a big story (as they do), did most people, realise that Tesco had taken over One-Stop. In fact I do believe that questions were asked in Parliament, about it. I do remember BBC Radio Five Live's Early morning Business programme discussing it. And I remember reading it, in the Times as well. This all came out, when the downturn had kicked in I should add.

As one of the UK's biggest companies, they have more fingers in more pies than Mr Kippling!!

Anyway, enough of that, let's get back to the trains. Has anyone any pictures of the train yet?

Best wishes to one and all

Simon

Archived