Platform question regarding peco sides.

Last night i managed to get the first of my platform edgings fitted to the layout & something cropped up when i had fitted it.

My station is platform is basically a single platform with a bay on one end so the edging only covers the main platform & the bay so i have a rather large area which is going to be the station building area. The thing what struck me last night was how on earth can i make this area flat enough so that the bed of wills paving sheets will level up to the edging & hold the station building. I was wondering if there was possibly a polystyrene sheet suitable for it to level everything up or another solution i've not thought of. I don't fancy cutting humpteen pieces of styrene sheet to make base formers.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

Hi Simon,

apologies if I've got it wrong but do you need to use the Wills sheets because, as you say, it'll be a nightmare to get them all lined up and cut to shape. I'd consider either Slaters or SE Finecast paving sheets which are of a larger size and if they are of too much of a difference in width, use plain plastikard underneath to bring them up to height. Word of warning though, when laminating two sheets of plastic together, they can warp quite easily, which is one of the reasons that I now use a mixture of card and plastikard embossed sheets.

Archived