Penderlino when are up for refurb

lmsforever

When I rode on a Penderlino last Friday to Glasgow I started looking at the condition of the carriage that I was in,lots of rattles.paintwork looking dowdy ,seats that were looking grubby,loos that ponged by the time we reached Glasgow.Mecanic,ly they are sound good ride,acceleration second to none ,but they need to be refurbed, the miles per month they do are taking a toll on the units internaly anybody got any idea when they are due this?

Some attention will be given them when the extra vehicles are added into the sets at Liverpool Traincare Centre later this year. Deep clean and interior refresh (to same spec), so basically post-inspection they'll get deferred defects in the passenger environment dealt with, so that the train is all up to a decent standard, not just the new vehicles. As the home depot is Manchester Tracincare, the chances are this exam and deep clean will be carried out at each unit's previous scheduled visit to Longsight for attention. Given how long there's left to run in the existing franchise, I can't see VT paying Alstom to do any more than keep the trains up to the basic finish spec.

Incidentally, those panels have rattled since new, and the toilets are less pungent now than when new, so it's probably business as usual on the AM90s!

Archived