Which Signal Box Interior Kit

• RMweb Gold

I shall be looking for an interior for my box for Brent soon but I'm unsure to whats available.Inspired by the Captain Kernows efforts for Callow Lane I need to know what to go for.

Shall I have a lino floor or floorboards ?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/21/entry-6778-callow-lane-signalbox-part-3/

I know of the Springside and Wills interior kits but are there any others suitable for a GW box ?

• RMweb Gold

Talking of signal box interiors.How big generally were the diagrams that hung over the top shelf showing the signal diagram ? Another job to be done in Word perhaps.

• RMweb Gold

Talking of signal box interiors.How big generally were the diagrams that hung over the top shelf showing the signal diagram ? Another job to be done in Word perhaps.

Depends on how much track has to be shown on the diagram. A smaller box might have a diagram 3 or 4 feet long and 18" or so high. Bigger boxes had bigger diagrams.

Ian

Signal box photos from the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway might help with the track diagram sizing and other details, perhaps.

My signalbox diagram I did in Autocad, which was overkill but something I have access to. The (badly painted) kit in the photo is a small Springside one, not all bits were used I think as in my ignorance and impatience I didn't know what they were.

Archived