The Fall & Rise of the 60's ( was The End of the Tugs?)

Im going to arpley again this evening but this time I want to catch 013 in the oppersite direction i.e passing through under bank quay on its way to Latchord sidings B)

The Liverpool Bulk to Fiddlers ferry coals have been totally 60 hauled so far since they re started,lets hope 59s dont take over :unsure:

• RMweb Gold

Im going to arpley again this evening but this time I want to catch 013 in the oppersite direction i.e passing through under bank quay on its way to Latchord sidings B)

The Liverpool Bulk to Fiddlers ferry coals have been totally 60 hauled so far since they re started,lets hope 59s dont take over :unsure:

60013 is currently on F78 to The Bulk, should return on F84, this is routed via Earlestown and Winwick.

Another TaTa liveried one on it's way apparently, and even more coming back into service B) - gives you lot who missed them the first time another chance I guess :P

I bet 098 or 070 won't be one of them!:lol:

Saw a very forlorn looking tug yesterday at around 1600 on the back of a low-loader at Toddington Services on the M1 (southbound side).

Was heading north at the time and paying more attention to the artic trying to crush me than the loco, tried to see the number but it was behind a tree as I glanced at it!

Anyone know any more about it?

Saw a very forlorn looking tug yesterday at around 1600 on the back of a low-loader at Toddington Services on the M1 (southbound side).

Was heading north at the time and paying more attention to the artic trying to crush me than the loco, tried to see the number but it was behind a tree as I glanced at it!

Anyone know any more about it?

What livery was it?

What livery was it?

Was probably 92020 which was observed leaving Brush at Loughborough at Lunchtime yesterday on the back of a lorry :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

• RMweb Gold

60013 wasnt at arpley today but will be back tommorow so maybe will see it then. Does anyone know any times it may pass through arpley?

It was, it left The Bulk on time (well 10 early) via Winwick

What livery was it?

Two tone gray.

92s do look like 60s as they have a very similar bodyshell ;)

:blush_mini: Ahh, not very familiar with class 92, only ever seen one close up before. :blush_mini:

A quick photo search for class 92 shows that it could have been one of those.

I really only saw it briefly from 3/4 to side on, hiding in the trees.

As I said the traffic on my side of the road had most of my attention... much as I would have liked to stare to the right for a few seconds, the lanes either side of me were too busy to permit more than a glance!

Sorry for the duff gen :(

Todays hour long visit to Arpley turned out a complete sucess as I saw both 60013 and 60059. First at 12.55 Loadhual 60059 headed past under the road bridge with empty HTAs, I would have thought that if the HTAs were empty it would be heading towards Walton old junction to reverse and then continue to LBT for reloading?. Then at about 13.45 I saw 60013 departing bank quay with loaded HTAs bound for fiddlers. In between seeing 013 and 059 I saw my first two 70s(70004 and 70006) and a few 66s including 66730 on a gypsum train.

60059 heading past Arpley

post-6254-011787100 1288187867_thumb.jpg

60059 again

post-6254-043574700 1288187936_thumb.jpg

059 stopped for a crew change before departing

post-6254-095146900 1288187998_thumb.jpg

Finally 60013 on the WCML, the best shot I could get

post-6254-010074700 1288188241_thumb.jpg