Tool to help place ballast

Today i started laying ballast on my Castle Bolton layout,i used a home made spreader to lay the bulk and was been helped by my wife.when i was carefully trying to place ballast around points etc my wife started to roll some news paper up,i said what was that for,she showed me and here it is

post-6919-0-55412300-1330812852_thumb.gif

Simple but effective,just pinch end to easily control flow.dont know if anyone had idea before bui it worked for me . :D

Must point out first its the first time she has done railway modelling ,and she doing a good job too.

Hope its of use to anyone who interested.

Tel

Hello,

An alternative to this great method is to perloin your wife's cake icing bag with it's assortment of icing cake ends to adjust the flow from a tiny trickle to a wide delivery of ballast.

Just a thought.

Brian Twigg. :no:

Well we can certainly see who is the brains of the operation!

[dare we ask who wears the trousers?]

Jeff

Thanks for the reply s everyone :D .

Er i wonder :rolleyes: , darn t say anything that may incriminate me or get me planted along with ballast :man_in_love_mini:

Tel

• RMweb Gold

An alternative to this great method is to perloin your wife's cake icing bag with it's assortment of icing cake ends to adjust the flow from a tiny trickle to a wide delivery of ballast.

That would work well in different locations on the layout.

It might also be a prelude to a series of "Your dinner's in the dog!" episodes.

Don't try this at home without careful prior negotiation!

Archived