Tree making kits

Evening all.

The father in law wants a tree making kit for his birthday. He saw some at Glasgow but didn't buy any as we were flying back (wieght and volume issues)

He's got the Greenscene 'forest in a box' but I think he's refering to the wire armatures with a bag of foliage and some flock kits.

I can't think who does them hence posting for pointer

(please don't say make your own, he's got yards of wire but I think he wants some pre-made ones to give him some examples)

Probably you mean the tree making kits from Woodland Scenics available from you local Modelzone etc.

http://woodlandsceni.../category/Trees

One kit will make lots of trees or you can buy similar products ready made from China.

Edit

Please ignore the poor quality of my modelling. This was only the 'try it all in place' stage and unfortunately the layout never got beyond this.

The trees in the bottom photo are Woodland Scenics from the kit, with a few ready made from Gaugemaster (IIRC).

post-6780-0-72158300-1331068479_thumb.jpg

and in the other are some Chinese poplars (The plastic palm trees are from a well-known fast food chain and should be ignored.) and

post-6780-0-37562300-1331068279_thumb.jpg

EDIT to make sense - there were issues with the placing of the photos. Three attempts and they still came out in the wrong order.

post-6780-0-37562300-1331068279_thumb.jpg

post-6780-0-72158300-1331068479_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the cheap Chinese trees available on Ebay. With a little teasing out, a touch more folliage material and a dusting of some paint, they do come up a treat. These trees tend to be mono tone in colour, and the trunks are not all that textured. I have bought quite a few in various heights and styles, but these trees are better to use as 'fillers', rather than stand out specimen trees at the very front of the layout.

Archived