Hassell Rode, ARA, O gauge Open Day Sunday 7th April 2024

Benjamin Brady

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Hassell Harbour Bridge/Station Christmas Open Day 28th December
  • Benjamin Brady changed the title to Alsager Railway Association O gauge Hassell Rode

Good Morning, 

I've updated the name of the layout now on here as the bridge is being removed from the layout and replaced with the fiddle yard next Thursday. 

The future plans for the bridge are uncertain. 

Last night we had a running session and attached are a few photo of the layout. While the new fiddle yard boards are wired up we won't be able to run but it shall give us an opportunity to finish off some of the scenic work. 

IMG_20230810_211810.jpg

IMG_20230810_211745.jpg

• Like 2

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Alsager Railway Association O gauge Open Day Thursday 28th December 2023
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Benjamin Brady changed the title to Hassell Rode, ARA, O gauge Open Day Thursday 28th December 2023

Good Morning, 

Just a few photos of the layout from last Thursday and the chance to run some trains. 

The fiddle yard has been added now and is in full operation on the layout. The next area that is being focused on is the engine shed area, along with the extension of platform 4. The has meant the bay has been shortened into a parcels dock. 

The removal of the bridge has also created another chance to create a smaller exhibition layout for the club and there are a few members working on this. They are working on turning the layout into a 25ft x 10ft roundy round 0 gauge layout. It's first intended showing is at Corris next year. 

We also have the colliery booked in for Maccasfield show in 2024. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Popped over for 1/2 hour earlier, very nearly gave up as I couldn’t find the place but spotted it last second! 

lovely layout, really like the end scenic bit with the super elevation track work over the valley, that’s about the only bit I video’d

• Like 1

Good Morning, 

Firstly thank you to all those that turned up yesterday, I hope you had a good day. 

Thank you for the vid Jim, I am sorry I could not make it down in the end, last minute work calls.  I am glad you also managed to find the place, we do need to get a sign put up so it is easier for visitors to find. 

• Benjamin Brady changed the title to Hassell Rode, ARA, O gauge Open Day Sunday 7th April 2024
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Good Morning, 

Just a quick reminder that it is the 0 gauge open day tomorrow at Alsager Railway Association. 

The layout shall be running with both DCC and DC and everyone is welcome to bring stock. 

Tea and coffee as always shall be available through the day. 

The club is located just off moorhouse Ave, located next door to the air cadets. 

Edited by Benjamin Brady