AC Cars Railbus

spackz

With regard to the 4mm model of the Heljan AC Cars Railbus, does anyone know if there are supposed to be 1) Red rear lights whilst running 2) Any detail pack. 3) Mine seems to run very slowly , is this normal or is it maybe faulty?

I have just bought a brand new, but old stock, model from a shop and I'm not sure if it's faulty or not supposed to have the above red lights or detail pack. I though it would 'open up' a bit when run at full throttle but after an hour of running in  still ambles around the track.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

With regard to the 4mm model of the Heljan AC Cars Railbus, does anyone know if there are supposed to be 1) Red rear lights whilst running 2) Any detail pack. 3) Mine seems to run very slowly , is this normal or is it maybe faulty?

I have just bought a brand new, but old stock, model from a shop and I'm not sure if it's faulty or not supposed to have the above red lights or detail pack. I though it would 'open up' a bit when run at full throttle but after an hour of running in  still ambles around the track.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

If it's as power hungry as my Heljan models, are you giving it enough juice?

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Few (if any) first generation DMUs had red rear lights (A red lens had to be hand inserted over the marker lights). They were never used. The AC Cars certainly didn't run with red rear lights and were required to carry a traditional oil tail lamp. There's no detail pack as nothing needs to be added. Slow running might be the result of the factory lubrication having dried out. (CJL)

If it's as power hungry as my Heljan models, are you giving it enough juice?

Are they really power hungry? It's on my list of planned conversions to radio control, and I don't imagine there's much room for a decent sized battery.

• RMweb Premium

Are they really power hungry? It's on my list of planned conversions to radio control, and I don't imagine there's much room for a decent sized battery.

Classes 128 and 26 are mine which are power hungry. I do not know if the railbus is the same.

Someone on here has hauled 28? coaches up an incline with the DPU!

• 1 month later...

My gear wheels on this model have split after only a short length of running

New gears are on the way from Howes'

Does anyone know if spare brass gear wheels are available for this model as I understand the nylon ones may break again

Thanks David Wexford

Archived