Farish announce BR Mark 2A coaches

Andy Y

There appear to be three containers in transit this month, so this is the first to arrive

See

They don't appear to have arrived together so have presumably been split over time and sent at different times. The question remains,why?

G.

They don't appear to have arrived together so have presumably been split over time and sent at different times. The question remains,why?

Comes to logisitics and type of container used

The factory manufactures, let's say 10 batches, then there is enough to fill one container from 9 batches, so it leaves

The 10th batch then ends up in the next container, and arrives several weeks later, and so on

That sound a bit like supposing and theorising rather than knowing the real reason but i guess is possible, although I can't really see a few batches of train models filling up a container and some having to wait for the next - we never seem to get that much all arrive at the same time from one container full of models.

I'd have thought more likely to have left at different times and thus finding a container full (of other stuff) which is still why didn't they leave and go together - but its not really important and more helpful to know when they will arrive. I'm just looking forward to getting some..

G.

Well, after all that excitement thier website had changed, again

Backdated to 01 August 2015, might have something to do with that

Looks like two different people have access to their website, and they don't talk to each other!

amazes me how eBay traders manage to get there stocks before the model shops!

Two sellers listing, different prices too!

Both are model shops, and quantities are quite low

However, quite expensive with one at full retail price (postage discount) or maximum discount (but without postage discount), but then again they need to cover the high seller costs

I am not surprised the model shops have not added to their online stock yet, to fulfill pre-orders

No notice from the buyer I am looking to use; 10 at £24.50 each, free postage

I suspect the locomotive I also ordered hasn't arrived (that's why it's free postage)

has farish brought these out with Inter-City branding yet?  sorry not sure if the 2A actually carried it.......

Farish has no plans for any of the Mark 2A in InterCity livery (variants)

The only Mark 2A that I can find that carried this livery :

BSO 9438

BFK 17093

Next nearest after that, were the air-braked ScotRail livery

I think ThaneofFife was asking about Inter-city branding on mk2a Blue/grey livery coaches

Farish decided not to apply the Inter-City text as the model can cover the entire period from their introduction to withdrawal

This allows the modeller to decided which, if any, text to apply

Now why couldn't they apply this same logic to other models!

Perhaps they sent the containers direct to the shops because Farish have put them back by a month

As above, it appears there are two different people updating the Farish website, and they are not talking to each other

The dates for several items keep changing

Just to make it worse the shop I was going to purchase 10 from have advised they aren't going to be sent enough TSO to cover all the pre-orders they have received

I have now been offered just four!

Plus this makes the total under £100, so P&P of £4 would apply, ironically taking the total payable to over £100

I suspect this is forming part of the delay as Farish try to work out how many they actually need to send out

I suspect this is forming part of the delay as Farish try to work out how many they actually need to send out

5 x as many TSOs as they've sent, half the number of brakes, and about 5 FKs... heh  :jester: 

I'm hoping I can pick up some of these at TINGS, but by the sounds of things, maybe I won't be able to!

Can anyone confirm for me if this batch have W prefix numbers? I can't find any pictures of the actual coaches where I can see, I don't really want ER ones to be honest.

Can anyone confirm for me if this batch have W prefix numbers? I can't find any pictures of the actual coaches where I can see, I don't really want ER ones to be honest.

The ones in my local shop had 'E' numbers and I know they are from the new batch as he didn't have them the week before.

I'm hoping I can pick up some of these at TINGS, but by the sounds of things, maybe I won't be able to

Looking at the list of retailers, expect to pay near-to-full retail price

Instead submit a pre-order where you see £24.60, plus P&P, and you will still save money

You will also probably receive the coaches around the same time

The last time I visited TINGS, I managed to negotiate £5 off several Dapol Dogfish wagons, and even then was reluctant to do so

Holding out £50 and saying that was all I had probably helped

Went to next table and then spent £20

I only find it good for poor selling or second hand items

New items tend to be at near-to-full retail price, probably as Bachmann are present...

I will be looking for 47474 and 47612, but don't expect there to be any

I will also be looking for 37407 and 47710, but expect these to still be at full price (even though the 37/4 has been available for more than 6 months now)

Looking at the list of retailers, expect to pay near-to-full retail price

Yeah, you're probably right, but if they're another batch of Eastern Region ones, I'm not too fussed anyway...! Loco numbers I don't mind changing, but coach numbers are a bit too fiddly...

Loco numbers I don't mind changing, but coach numbers are a bit too fiddly...

Agreed

Farish have released hardly any coaches with SC prefix or number sequence

Although I have the transfers to complete the renumbering, it is not a high priority

However, I am going to apply the correct Inter-City, Scotrail, ScotRail, or combination text (along with a sticker underneath with the coach number that will eventually be applied)

Agreed, renumbering of locos is a much higher priority

Furthermore, about 50% of my locos are going to end up Large Logo Blue and even more with nameplates so having the numbers correct makes sense

From memory at my first visit to TINGS a layout (Kings Park?) had two identical 47583 models, and at the same time

Seems a shame to go to such hard work detailing the layout but leave such an obvious mistake running around, all weekend!

Yes, that is perhaps not the best, if it's a higher standard layout as well! I'm sure most people won't be bothered about what letter prefix the coaches have, but the Mk2s would be a fairly new introduction to the WR in 1970, so I'm keen for them to be correct, the Mk1s I'm not quite so fussy about, appart from my 'local' set, which does need to have WR numbers!

Sods law says that this batch will also be ER numbers, but it will save me a quid or four... *Waits with bated breath for a picture* 

Archived