Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff,

Post 10691 !!!!!!!!! I can't bear to bring this picture back again, you know I'll have nightmares for another week AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH .......help me :scared:

OK Mike, calm down. I'll try and soothe your nerves. It was all just an illusion, honest.....

I'm actually using 4 x 2 and 3 x 1 to create 5" x 3" girders.

There, it's all ok now.....  :O  :O  :O  :O

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I'm only safe with PVA and a Hot Glue Gun as Jeff will testify, although I have been known to use 4 inch nails for the track.

Hhahaha

Bodgit :sungum:

Andy - remember the Benny Hill song "Ernie" from 1971?

Your post set me singing "Bodgit - he had the hottest glue gun in the west!"

Funny how the mind digs up evocative thoughts from the past. 

There you go, mate - I have it all (4") nailed!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Andy - remember the Benny Hill song "Ernie" from 1971?

Your post set me singing "Bodgit - he had the hottest glue gun in the west!"

Funny how the mind digs up evocative thoughts from the past. 

There you go, mate - I have it all (4") nailed!

Jeff

Just don't ask where he got his 'cocoa' though.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

All quiet on here tonight, most of you MUST HAVE LAYOUTS TO PLAY WITH,

Baaa humbug :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Angry of Swad :O :triniti:

Very quiet!

No layout for me, just a cracking good curry and now I'm off to my brothers for coffee.

Agree about the baaaa humbug, but it won't be long, Andy.

Then we can fill another few hundred pages between us with a bit of train stuff and a load of lunacy!!!!

Jeff

• Like 2

All quiet on here tonight, most of you MUST HAVE LAYOUTS TO PLAY WITH,

Baaa humbug :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Angry of Swad :O :triniti:

Very quiet!

No layout for me, just a cracking good curry and now I'm off to my brothers for coffee.

Agree about the baaaa humbug, but it won't be long, Andy.

Then we can fill another few hundred pages between us with a bit of train stuff and a load of lunacy!!!!

Jeff

Are we going to have to get the violins out for you two   :cry:

• RMweb Premium

Are we going to have to get the violins out for you two   :cry:

Yes, Billy, I think you may have to. Having said that, once we both get started I doubt you'll see much of us on here. So many things to do and look forward to.

Hope you've got your layout room back to some semblance of order!

Jeff

Just got my COMPLIMENTARY copy of Your Guide to Railway Modelling & Layout Construction from Peco because they have used my backscene painting piece in there. It looks like a good read and is always useful for little tips. A nice piece about LIGHT WEIGHT open frame baseboard construction Jeff, hahaaaa.

On a brighter note, the sun is shining this Morning and I have NOTHING TO DO, totally bored so I have all the Mags to read this weekend, RM, BRM, Hornby, and the constructor one mentioned above.

Time for a nice cup of Tea me thinks. :drag:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just got my COMPLIMENTARY copy of Your Guide to Railway Modelling & Layout Construction from Peco because they have used my backscene painting piece in there. It looks like a good read and is always useful for little tips. A nice piece about LIGHT WEIGHT open frame baseboard construction Jeff, hahaaaa.

On a brighter note, the sun is shining this Morning and I have NOTHING TO DO, totally bored so I have all the Mags to read this weekend, RM, BRM, Hornby, and the constructor one mentioned above.

Time for a nice cup of Tea me thinks. :drag:

Lovely morning here, too. Just been into the bank, got this month's Astronomy mags and a copy of BRM.

Off to the building site at lunchtime. I'm going to measure-up a garage and consolidate my plans for the conversion.

As for lightweight frameworks - good. I can do lightweight, but since what I'm building isn't going anywhere, I prefer to do heavyweight!

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff

I spent some time last night & will continue later going through your Cobalt pages along with control a great help thanks.

I have query though about track (because I couldn't find it in the wonderful index) distance between track in maintenance / shunting yards, would you generally have a greater distance in these areas (in the real world) for safety, say 10 ft throughout rather than six foot.

Your comments & of course fellow Lunester comments would be gratefully received.  :scratchhead:

Seen it, destroyed it, happy now, hahhaha

Only joking J, IT LOOKS A GOOD TEAM.

Plans changed this morning,went for a nice walk along the Ashby canal with the Dog, back for coffee and scone and then up the Club for a couple of hours laying some new track on Coopers Dale and Marston.

I'll be back later after a snoooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :O

Bodgit :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

Jeff

I spent some time last night & will continue later going through your Cobalt pages along with control a great help thanks.

I have query though about track (because I couldn't find it in the wonderful index) distance between track in maintenance / shunting yards, would you generally have a greater distance in these areas (in the real world) for safety, say 10 ft throughout rather than six foot.

Your comments & of course fellow Lunester comments would be gratefully received.  :scratchhead:

I seem to remember minimum spacing on running tracks 11ft centre to centre from a running track to a siding 15ft which tallies with your figures Billy

Don

I think Don has given you a realistic answer, Billy. I just went by the prototype - and the spacings were much bigger than the standard "6 foot". If you go with, say, 12', you won't be far out!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

There is a really handsome chap in BRM this month. Can you guess who it is? :D

Yes, I noticed the BCB team in that photo. Who are you referring to? Geoff Cook?

I did notice the scruff in the middle with "earthed" on his shirt!

Great layout - the views along the track really bring out the quality of the trackwork and ballasting.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Seen it, destroyed it, happy now, hahhaha

Only joking J, IT LOOKS A GOOD TEAM.

Plans changed this morning,went for a nice walk along the Ashby canal with the Dog, back for coffee and scone and then up the Club for a couple of hours laying some new track on Coopers Dale and Marston.

I'll be back later after a snoooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :O

Bodgit :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

Just got in from a visit up to the building site. Fantasic horizon to horizon blue sky.

I'll post a picture or two of my new house (well, the site!!) in the Lounge later. Measured up the showhouse garage - should be spot-on for a "rapid" conversion!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 1

I think Don has given you a realistic answer, Billy. I just went by the prototype - and the spacings were much bigger than the standard "6 foot". If you go with, say, 12', you won't be far out!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff / Don, your figures will do for me

Jeff I've just posted in the WRONG SITE :nono: about your Grass problems, or lack of it on KL1, anyway its in the Lounge. :scratchhead: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Confused of :O ????? :no:  :no:  :no:  where the heck am I?????? :no:

Edited by Andrew P

Jeff I've just posted in the WRONG SITE :nono: about your Grass problems, or lack of it on KL1, anyway its in the Lounge. :scratchhead:

Confused of :O ????? :no:  :no:  :no:  where the heck am I?????? :no:

And you cant even blame it on the drink, I'm afraid it must just be an age thing, happens to us all I suppose, certainly with me  :no:

Where are we again  :boast:

• RMweb Premium

I thought I'd better post something on here otherwise we could end up with a KL-free post day!

So - a question. Have any of you read the class 40 review in BRM? If so, do you think the criticism of the bogie sideframes is justified?

They look alright to me, and I'm hoping D211 will be with me in the next ten days.

Jeff

I thought I'd better post something on here otherwise we could end up with a KL-free post day!

So - a question. Have any of you read the class 40 review in BRM? If so, do you think the criticism of the bogie sideframes is justified?

They look alright to me, and I'm hoping D211 will be with me in the next ten days.

Jeff

NO, NO NO,

Why cant some people realize that compromises have to be made in order to produce certain components.

It looks really good and a little light weathering and running on a layout and NOBODY WILL NOTICE.

Its the same with the comments about the cab interior, WELL PAINT THE FLOOR BLACK for heavens sake.

Its a wonder he hasen't taken issue with the pic at the bottom of page 92, showing the White / Grey plastic under body. :no:

Angry of Swad. :O  Jeff, get it and enjoy it, its a brilliant model. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

• Like 3

Hi Jeff,

I'll keep you busy!

I have not seen BRM yet as I don't normally get it but I bet the criticism is pedantic as usual, I can only remember one occasion recently (5 years at least) when I felt the need to criticise and that was the chimneys on the Hornby Rebuilt Royal Scot/Patriot which everyone slated and rightly so.

Christened my den today............spilt a tin of paint............what a dipstick!

Seen your post re: measuring the garage.........remember and beware, builders build to 'nominal' dimensions!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy - I'm glad it's not just me!

Heavens above. It looks a brilliant model to me and I've 2 on pre-order (one of each green model). I'll probably buy a couple more.

Seems to me that reviewers HAVE to pick fault with everything. I'm no expert but the model looked spot-on.

Jeff