Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

• RMweb Premium

All the locos (except the roster for the next Bacup visit) and nearly all the wagons are now packed away. 52 boxes of CDs and 8 largish boxes of locos currently sat on the bedroom floor.

73 boxes of books already shipped out - with a few more to come....

Oh, joy of joys!

And I'm not moving for at least another 2 months....

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,

I am not sure we had packed anything two months in advance, but then again we had packers for downstairs.  It is amazing what you throw away and need.  I moved all the wood I had from the house before last and threw it away before the last move. Guess what I needed last week?

73 boxes of books, that is even more than we had, although again we got rid of a lot.  Still got 'Nanook of the North' though.

It is when you go, 'Where's the salt?  Ah yes......'

• RMweb Premium

If I can sell all my stock before we move then that solves my problem.

Doesn't it?

Bodge

Compared to the CDs, DVDs, books and other paraphernalia, the loco and wagon stock occupies a relatively small volume.

If you've got reliable locos that you enjoy running, why even consider selling them when you may end up with something totally inferior?

But then I guess we all do things in our own ways and that's part of the fun of the hobby!

Jeff

• Like 1

Somewhat north of 300 boxes last time we moved.  And that was 12 years ago...although I had most of the lego then, and quite a lot of the model stuff.  I am sure they would LOVE moving me now...

(there's also 2 20' ISO containers with a bunch of stuff in them...like, the reserve lego collection, the traction engine, my wood working tools, my little lathe, oh, and 5 tons of coal...yes, 5 ton...)

James

• Like 2

Compared to the CDs, DVDs, books and other paraphernalia, the loco and wagon stock occupies a relatively small volume.

If you've got reliable locos that you enjoy running, why even consider selling them when you may end up with something totally inferior?

But then I guess we all do things in our own ways and that's part of the fun of the hobby!

Jeff

Morning Jeff, see reply in the Lounge to save clogging up KL with my spate of depression and dribbling's, :no:  hahah

Cheers mate.

Bodge :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Morning Jeff, see reply in the Lounge to save clogging up KL with my spate of depression and dribbling's, :no:  hahah

Cheers mate.

Andy, you never clog up KL and we're both suffering from the same spate of dribble, or even drivel at the moment!

I'll go and read your insightful writings in the Lounge!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Somewhat north of 300 boxes last time we moved.  And that was 12 years ago...although I had most of the lego then, and quite a lot of the model stuff.  I am sure they would LOVE moving me now...

(there's also 2 20' ISO containers with a bunch of stuff in them...like, the reserve lego collection, the traction engine, my wood working tools, my little lathe, oh, and 5 tons of coal...yes, 5 ton...)

James

5 tons of coal!?

Are you preparing for Armageddon?

You could run your own mini-coal power station for a while with that lot.

You don't do things small in Canada, do you?  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Jeff

Andy, you never clog up KL and we're both suffering from the same spate of dribble, or even drivel at the moment!

I'll go and read your insightful writings in the Lounge!

Jeff

Yea that's what I meant.

I think?

Hi guy's

All this talk of moving is making me homesick! On second thoughts its too cold up there!

Fiddle yards.......well like you Jeff I've never really bothered till now. I tended to have a section of line where I simply changed the stock over off scene as it where, I have to admit to causing a little  a lot of damage over the years to those small bits and valve gear etc. so I am now firmly in the FY camp.

I recall Martin Barnwell coming from Model Rail to photograph 'Chestergate & Milne'. The layout was in the old den which was at right angles to the rear of the garage with access through a doorway in the rear wall of the garage, you could really see the disappointment in his face when all he saw was plain track on cork as he approached. I had a lift up section but he said he would be ok ducking under, when he came up on the other side his face lit up, all was well. it was funny though. The plain track section was my then lift-on  :  lift-off area.

I have planned 6 roads in each direction with a crossover central road for stock swapping if required, the longest road holds 13 coaches plus loco' if I desire to run that configuration but remember I have the dreaded spirals to contend with, I have found most loco's I've tried pull the 9 coach load up to now, even ALBERTA  which would not do it last week is now managing it ok, I suppose they all need a decent run really.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of Alberta, the Jub has always run very well, but the drawbar provided was way off beam. That was sorted by Jason during my last visit.

I wouldn't leave locos long term (ie. more than a week or so) in the yard, but for a few day's running a fiddle yard is a godsend.

Especially when Jason or Bodge visit - the damn place is so clogged up that 30 roads won't be enough!!

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Yea that's what I meant.

I think?

It's ok Andy. We HAVE noticed that your spelling, punctuation and grammar has improved recently.

And we enjoy your dribble - George Best or Stanley Matthews would have been proud of it!

Dare I say, coming up to date, that your dribble is sometimes Messi?!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

I thought only OLD PEOPLE dribbled! oh yes I'm 64 next week, hahhaha

Splodge :no:

"If you've been out 'til quarter to three, will Dee still lock the door?

Will she still need you, will she still feed you, when you're sixty-four?" Boom boom!

Jeff (couldn't resist!)

"If you've been out 'til quarter to three, will Dee still lock the door?

Will she still need you, will she still feed you, when you're sixty-four?" Boom boom!

Jeff (couldn't resist!)

What a bummer, Ive just been told its the week after, (27th) dooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa

I need a lay down.

? :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

What a bummer, Ive just been told its the week after, (27th) dooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa

I need a lay down.

? :stinker:

So now we can deduce that your arithmetic is a bit dodgy (or should that be Bodgy) too?!

"Will she still be sending you a Valentine? Birthday greetings? Bottle of wine?"

Anyway, Andy, with age comes experience and expertise!

Look forward to more of that as you contribute to the KL2 build.

Jeff

• Like 1

So now we can deduce that your arithmetic is a bit dodgy (or should that be Bodgy) too?!

"Will she still be sending you a Valentine? Birthday greetings? Bottle of wine?"

Anyway, Andy, with age comes experience and expertise!

Look forward to more of that as you contribute to the KL2 build.

Jeff

I've got me Ot Gluu Gum ready for track layin Guv.

• RMweb Premium

I've got me Ot Gluu Gum ready for track layin Guv.

What language did they teach you down in deepest-south Plymouth?

Seriously, I think a tutorial video showing you in action with the hot glue gun is in order.

Only ever used one a couple of times - sticking plastic shapes onto a base for a hillside.

Jeff

The thing I'm looking forward to most of all is having ALL MY TOOLS back in one place.

Some are at home, although not many.

Some are at the Club, Scenic flocks, Glue Gun and Air Brush.

All the rest is in boxes simply marked GARAGE and stored around the ex Son in Laws.

Bodge in bits :O

• RMweb Premium

The thing I'm looking forward to most of all is having ALL MY TOOLS back in one place.

Some are at home, although not many.

Some are at the Club, Scenic flocks, Glue Gun and Air Brush.

All the rest is in boxes simply marked GARAGE and stored around the ex Son in Laws.

Bodge in bits :O

Yes, I agree with that. I went into the bunker at the weekend, looking for posi-drive screwdrivers (I've got dozens of them) and a suitable sized drill bit. It took 15 minutes to find them. Usually, they are to hand. Never mind - at least we'll get there in the end.

And we've finally managed to sell my brother's house!! Fingers crossed.

Jeff

• Like 4

Yes, I agree with that. I went into the bunker at the weekend, looking for posi-drive screwdrivers (I've got dozens of them) and a suitable sized drill bit. It took 15 minutes to find them. Usually, they are to hand. Never mind - at least we'll get there in the end.

Jeff

That's really great news Jeff, Off to Club now so will look in again later for some more multi posting, hahhaha.

B :boast:

• RMweb Gold

Jeff

Jeff,

Pleased to hear that.  Hope all goes smoothly now and all goes well when you move in.

So now that your Brothers House is sold its full steam ahead with the Bunker then.

Have a word with the Builder Blokes and say you need to start insulating the the NEW Bunker and so if can they finish that before the House and then let you have a key for weekends, I'm sure they'll oblige. hhaha

Cant sleep, plans going around in my head.

I've just put 35 wagons in the Goods Yard and 27 Minerals behind a 9F in the loop up at the Club ready for the weekend.

I've also put out 12 BR Red / Cream, Lorries / Vans in the Goods Yard as well. :locomotive:

I'll post some pics soon.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Chris.

More CD packing today - organizing the removals team next week. Nothing like a bit of forward planning!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So now that your Brothers House is sold its full steam ahead with the Bunker then.

Have a word with the Builder Blokes and say you need to start insulating the the NEW Bunker and so if can they finish that before the House and then let you have a key for weekends, I'm sure they'll oblige. hhaha

Cant sleep, plans going around in my head.

I've just put 35 wagons in the Goods Yard and 27 Minerals behind a 9F in the loop up at the Club ready for the weekend.

I've also put out 12 BR Red / Cream, Lorries / Vans in the Goods Yard as well. :locomotive:

I'll post some pics soon.

Andy - until Legal Completion they won't even allow you to deposit an atom, never mind insulatiob!

And btw - thinking and planning can be enjoyable - and costs nothing!!

Jeff