Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Andy - until Legal Completion they won't even allow you to deposit an atom, never mind insulatiob!

And btw - thinking and planning can be enjoyable - and costs nothing!!

Jeff

WOTS THAT?

Is it a new Coin introduced to the British Market by the EU? :O

OR

Is it an under water Far* detector used in the BATH after a Currie?

BTW Congrats on 480 pages. :no:

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Sorry for the delay in my reply, Andy. I didn't have access to my laptop yesterday and had to use the dreaded mobile.

Hence the morphing of insulatioN into insulatioB!!

I'll leave the Bodge-patented FAR* detector to you!!

Jeff

Nothing new to report today Boss, all quiet, B***** Estate Agents are supposed to ring us before the end of the day but Dee recons the've all gone on Holiday now for Easter. hahha

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

• RMweb Premium

Nothing new to report today Boss, all quiet, B***** Estate Agents are supposed to ring us before the end of the day but Dee recons the've all gone on Holiday now for Easter. hahha

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Nothing much to report from me, either.

However, is it just me - having missed a day on the Forum, it now appears to be COVERED in VERY annoying adverts!

Jeff

Yes re the add's Andy Y has responded to the criticism by saying that its necessary to pay his wages, so I can live with that as without him and his enthusiasm (you see him on here almost 24hrs a day sometimes) Ithink the forum would be closed down by BRM.

Just got in from Club and had a final check through eveything ready for the weekend, going up again Sat pm for a final train running.

• RMweb Premium

It's been very quiet on the Forum front for me over the last few days. Lots of house-related stuff to sort out....

Anyway, at risk of boring some of you, here's the current state of the house. The bunker is still just a set of trenches with a little bit of concrete in, so more of that when appropriate!

post-13778-0-70303900-1397841079_thumb.jpg

It's looking like a June move.

Jeff

• Like 10

Hi Jeff

What a difference 12 days make, at the speed they've put the top half of your new house on I wouldn't worry, the bunker will be built in half a day!!

Looking very, very nice.

I think I speak for Bodge as well as myself when I say "Pics are NEVER boring", looking forward to more.

Chip.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff

What a difference 12 days make, at the speed they've put the top half of your new house on I wouldn't worry, the bunker will be built in half a day!!

Looking very, very nice.

I think I speak for Bodge as well as myself when I say "Pics are NEVER boring", looking forward to more.

Chip.

Thanks Chip.

I feel a bit self-conscious sticking pics of the house build on here. But it will eventually lead to the Bunker, and there's not much else to show - so, as long as some people find them interesting, I'll continue to do so. I'm told the roof will be tiled by the end of next week - we will see!

Jeff

• Like 6

It's been very quiet on the Forum front for me over the last few days. Lots of house-related stuff to sort out....

Anyway, at risk of boring some of you, here's the current state of the house. The bunker is still just a set of trenches with a little bit of concrete in, so more of that when appropriate!

attachicon.gifDSCF0305A.jpg

It's looking like a June move.

Jeff

You'll be in before me then.

Hi Jeff

Looking very, very nice.

Chip.

I agree Chip, at least I can see where I will be heading for the 4th July Boston Tea party at Grange Towers and a running session in the newly fitted out Bunker and KL2 in full flow. hhahahha :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,

Is that all your house?  How many bedrooms?  Or is it like the houses near me and in fact there are 16 in there all wrapped around each other like those puzzles that make up a square?

• RMweb Premium

I agree Chip, at least I can see where I will be heading for the 4th July Boston Tea party at Grange Towers and a running session in the newly fitted out Bunker and KL2 in full flow. hhahahha :no:

Andy, I like it. Grainge® Towers!! It isn't the house that matters, though - it's the quality of its Bunker....

Chris, yes - that's all my house. Well, I'm sharing it with my brother. Its got 5 bedrooms, so we should have enough space to keep us happy. Especially as I'm likely to spend the majority of my time working in the garden or the bunker!

Jeff

• Like 4

Andy,

You should have employed the same people as Jeff by the look of things! Jeff, daren't let SWMBO see the pic., as she Is making noises about a downsize move. Must say the image looks like a stunning home in the making and I for one look forward to more pics as it progresses. Once again, Andy, commiserations, it must be driving you and the good lady mad!

Best of luck with the protracted sale after the holiday, kind regards,

Jock67B.

Nab couldn't spell andy! Or was it the auto correct on my iPad?

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jeff,

I would just like to point out that in London a building of that size would be at least a school for 1500 people.  I suppose it has a garden the size of a local park as well!  ;)

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

I would just like to point out that in London a building of that size would be at least a school for 1500 people.  I suppose it has a garden the size of a local park as well!  ;)

Unfortunately new builds don't tend to have large plots these days.

However, of its kind, the rear garden is a decent size and the garage is the jewel in the crown for me!

I'll keep people posted with progress on the overall project. Hopefully, the initial garage conversion can start in late August-September - once I've built the first section of patio/raised beds at the top of the garden. Digging/mixing concrete/bricklaying = fun! I love it!

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Any,

You should have employed the same people as Jeff by the look of things! Jeff, daren't let SWMBO see the pic., as she Is making noises about a downsize move. Must say the image looks like a stunning home in the making and I for one look forward to more pics as it progresses. Once again, Andy, commiserations, it must be driving you and the good lady mad!

Best of luck with the protracted sale after the holiday, kind regards,

Jock67B.

Hi Jock. nice to see another face starting to post regularly in the Lunester forums!

Downsizing was one reason that led to the present move - sounds daft, doesn't it? My brother was going to downsize his house to pay off a chunk of his mortgage. I suggested we sell both our properties, buy a bigger one and he could then pay off all his mortgage and not end up living in something smaller.

It suits the two of us from all angles - at present my brother lives 30 metres across the street and the economies of the move make a lot of sense.

Jeff

• Like 1

Digging/mixing concrete/bricklaying = fun! I love it!

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm with you on that score, mate! With my dad being a bit of a landlord when I were a kid, my school holidays were often filled with "helping out" (child labour these days!) so I would be found mixing cement or plaster, painting, washing the "pots" from about 8 years old and I loved it!

By the time I was 14 I had graduated to mixing & laying concrete, bricklaying and digging trenches! In France, no less!

This past few days has seen me doing plenty of gardening including tearing one of next doors partly fallen trees down with block & tackle and chopping it up! Woodwork is my favourite manual work of all though!

Anyway - that house of yours is starting to look the business now mate albeit it's more of a mansion really!

All the best,

John E.

Thank you Jeff, it was the striking of a rapport with AndrewP as old bikers which led me to following him through various threads. It is that apparently broad sense of humour as well as his obvious talent as a modeller. Having seen your work as well now provides further incentive to an old returning modeller! Regretfully my illness puts both physical and financial constraints on the scope of my modelling but I have started on the drawing board and am enjoying every moment!! I think finding RMWeb was the best part, for all the information and help provided by the members. The kindness and concern I have been shown is humbling to say the least,

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

• Like 2

Jeff,

In Bradford you'd get 30 families in there :no:

Unfortunately new builds don't tend to have large plots these days.

However, of its kind, the rear garden is a decent size and the garage is the jewel in the crown for me!

I'll keep people posted with progress on the overall project. Hopefully, the initial garage conversion can start in late August-September - once I've built the first section of patio/raised beds at the top of the garden. Digging/mixing concrete/bricklaying = fun! I love it!

Jeff

I nearly hit the DISAGREE button about 20 times when I read that, hhahahha :nono:

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Jock. nice to see another face starting to post regularly in the Lunester forums!

Downsizing was one reason that led to the present move - sounds daft, doesn't it? My brother was going to downsize his house to pay off a chunk of his mortgage. I suggested we sell both our properties, buy a bigger one and he could then pay off all his mortgage and not end up living in something smaller.

It suits the two of us from all angles - at present my brother lives 30 metres across the street and the economies of the move make a lot of sense.

Jeff

You mean you haven't go to cross the street in public after one of your MEGGA CURRIES.

Edited by Andrew P

Thank you Jeff, it was the striking of a rapport with AndrewP as old bikers which led me to following him through various threads. It is that apparently broad sense of humour as well as his obvious talent as a modeller. Having seen your work as well now provides further incentive to an old returning modeller! Regretfully my illness puts both physical and financial constraints on the scope of my modelling but I have started on the drawing board and am enjoying every moment!! I think finding RMWeb was the best part, for all the information and help provided by the members. The kindness and concern I have been shown is humbling to say the least,

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

Jock, just a word of warning, If you post in the lounge it has to be drivell, Music, Bikes,(mountain or motorised) or women.

If you catch the works of Rob from NZ you'll be amazed at his talent with a mouse, even being wheel chair bound it doesn't stop him taking his V8 for a blast and as an ex Biker he has some wonderful tales to tell as well.

Enjoy the company and join in with the fun.

• Like 1

Over here, it'd be considered fit for a single man, or perhaps a married couple :).  (the 5 bedrooms, I mean)

:)

We're in ~1350 sq ft of living area, and the same in basement, most (at least 1150 ft^2) is my hobby space.  It's only a 3 bedroom house though, in spite of what the real estate agents tried to sell us on when we bought it.  At that point, it was listed as a 4 bedroom house, with 2 of those being downstairs...the one is 12x24', and became the start of Long Marton V2 :).  Now it is a 3 bedroom house, with all of them being upstairs. 

James

• Like 2