Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

• RMweb Premium

I'm over in Cumbria for the next few days, so I'll be posting on the dreaded phone! Please excuse all the (inevitable) spelling errors....

Thanks to all who've contributed to the ongoing baseboard/access discussion. This is VERY important and you've given me plenty of food for thought.

Jeff

• Like 2

I first asked the question re the baseboard height as much for myself as for KL2 or any other layout.

I have had some really bad knee pains of late from getting under the Clubs Layout and this has caused me to have a serious think about both what I want and what I can manage in any future project wherever it may be.

Have a good time at your Dads and take your ruler, pencil and paper to work it all out. :O

Looks like KL2 could have its own working Canal Section. :nono:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Andy the birthday boy comedian......

I'm looking at a 180 degree rotation of the layout within the garage so that the fiddle yard is opposite the entrance. May be able to put a lift up section - it'd be fixed initially.

Just more ideas to consider. Great fun.

No canals though!!!!

Jeff

• Like 2

Hi all,

Another funny about trenches.... My EX Father in Law had a plant hire company and his partner was on site one morning following torrential rain, the footings were flooded as are yours Jeff, but higher! Everyone was stood around until the foreman came to get them motivated. When he asked what the problem was they showed him the height of the water by dipping a boot in almost to the top, he replied to the guy... "lend me your wellies, I'm taller than you so I should be alright" Needless to say, well use you imagination, I won't add the nationality but I'm sure you all can guess!

Hi all,

Another funny about trenches.... My EX Father in Law had a plant hire company and his partner was on site one morning following torrential rain, the footings were flooded as are yours Jeff, but higher! Everyone was stood around until the foreman came to get them motivated. When he asked what the problem was they showed him the height of the water by dipping a boot in almost to the top, he replied to the guy... "lend me your wellies, I'm taller than you so I should be alright" Needless to say, well use you imagination, I won't add the nationality but I'm sure you all can guess!

Mike, Dee and I were rolled up with that tale, really really good, still chuckling, hahaha

• RMweb Gold

Andy the birthday boy comedian......

I'm looking at a 180 degree rotation of the layout within the garage so that the fiddle yard is opposite the entrance. May be able to put a lift up section - it'd be fixed initially.

Just more ideas to consider. Great fun.

No canals though!!!!

Jeff

Jeff,

I wondered if you could do that but dismissed it as I was not sure if it was the other way round if you could get to the fiddle yard. 

Just a thought.

• RMweb Premium

That is a leading statement Jeff. How about the Copy Pit route from Todmorden to Burnley? Double tracked, lots of coal trains banked by 8F's (even diesels were banked by them in later days), Lancashire & Yorkshire?

:D :D :D

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That is a leading statement Jeff. How about the Copy Pit route from Todmorden to Burnley? Double tracked, lots of coal trains banked by 8F's (even diesels were banked by them in later days), Lancashire & Yorkshire?

Yes Jason, you are correct! My statement should have been more specific.

The trackplan for KL2 remains the same, but as for the height off the floor or the orientation....

Good to hear from you!

Jeff

• Like 2

Or Exeter Central and Bulleids to keep Rob happy

• Like 2

Mike, Dee and I were rolled up with that tale, really really good, still chuckling, hahaha

Hi Andy,

Pleased to be of assistance, if anyone needs a good laugh its you and your good lady, that's for sure!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mike - you had me chuckling, too. If you want a laugh, ask Andy to email you his collection of funny gags from the end of last week - the lot with Prince Philip and the corgis.... I'll forward a load of Andy's stuff to you when I get home at the end of the week.

As for keeping Rob happy. Does anyone recall him ever taking a photo of a diesel model?

Jeff

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good discussion question, Andy.

You lot are giving me plenty of food for thought, months before I have to actually do anything.

Add in the question of whether I also change my DCC system and there's plenty to think about!

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

• RMweb Gold

I first asked the question re the baseboard height as much for myself as for KL2 or any other layout.

I have had some really bad knee pains of late from getting under the Clubs Layout and this has caused me to have a serious think about both what I want and what I can manage in any future project wherever it may be.

Have a good time at your Dads and take your ruler, pencil and paper to work it all out. :O

Looks like KL2 could have its own working Canal Section. :nono:

I quite agree - a few years ago I started getting pains in my right knee and sure enough the X-Ray revealed bits of bone floating about rather uselessly, duly diagnosed as arthritis.  It can happen to anyone and while I wouldn't wish it on anyone either once you have it then you're not really fitted for crawling under baseboards to gain entry to a layout.

So a lifting and 'walk-in' access can have its good points.  (the knee is also somewhat murderous at times when trying to point paving slabs - another hobby duly disrupted)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, you're getting a garage built, right?

What you need is a pit/s under the layout or maybe a car creeper.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Pollygrip

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, you're getting a garage built, right?

What you need is a pit/s under the layout or maybe a car creeper.

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Pollygrip

Just a tad of lateral thinking - or, put in simple terms, lying down on the job.  :lol: :rofl:

Alright.  Alright. I'll go back to bed...  :lazy:

or back to posting  on ERs. :mosking:

Normal service will resume shortly, folks.

:tease:

:bye:  Polly