Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

• RMweb Premium

For those of you "new" to KL who are wondering what the hell all this mankini business is about....

I refer you to page 203, post # 5075 onwards!

Remarkable photo, Al. How anyone would have the nerve is beyond me - unless it was just for the camera. Andy - I take your point. Could be as embarrassing as that "Chinese" email you sent me!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

It'd put a whole new slant of the "size of the fell" conversation, that's for sure....

(It'll look bigger if you switch to N gauge, Jeff!)

Behave yourself! 

You've caused enough trouble already!!  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

BTW, I was in the builder's merchants yesterday eyeing up the timber. Some lovely stuff in there that'll definitely support the new, LARGER Fell.

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Behave yourself! 

Jeff

BTW, I was in the builder's merchants yesterday eyeing up the timber. Some lovely stuff in there that'll definitely support the new, LARGER Fell.

I really think you ought to go in for a lightweight fell Jeff - far more sensible with that back of yours ;)

• RMweb Premium

I really think you ought to go in for a lightweight fell Jeff - far more sensible with that back of yours ;)

Don't worry, Mike. The new Fell will be built as a mainly insulation board - based structure. It may be physically larger, but it'll certainly be a lot lighter!

Jeff

Much nicer to work with too, the foamboard that is! The thickness of it is also good and it seems quite (self) supportive, might that help.

Anyway,

What a brilliant read on here today, has really welcomed new Mike with a vengeance and I laughed so much, I nearly bought a round! Except, I wasn't in the pub!

Cheers all,

John.

• RMweb Premium

John did you say it's your round I'm on my way

Totally agree, Mark. Call it payment for all the entertainment we provide on here!

Then again, please remember that it was John who had the sense to start the S&C section originally.

Jeff

Hi all,

Just a chance visit whilst my ice-cream melts from its current rock hard condition to find the lunesters are still at it, when are you lot touring? Edinburgh Fringe Festival! Oh heck ice-cream is double cream now I've caught up

Hi all,

Just a chance visit whilst my ice-cream melts from its current rock hard condition to find the lunesters are still at it, when are you lot touring? Edinburgh Fringe Festival! Oh heck ice-cream is double cream now I've caught up

Is it a Mr Whippy?

Bodge

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

In the absence of KL2 or Bodge 1, 2, 3, 4.... (add suitable number of layouts), we aim to please....

Is it a Mr Whippy?

Bodge

Blimey, does Mr Whippy still exist? And Mr Softee? 

For the practical among you, I've just drawn up the plans for the garden trenches, used to hold the foundations for the raised bed that's in Phase 1 of the garden work. Give it another week and I may shock you (no, Andy - with the garden work, not the mankini).

Hope you enjoyed your ice cream, Mike. In the words of Bodge: "Did you put grass on it?"

Jeff

Hi Andy & Jeff,

No grass! Almost had to drink it! Seeing as it went down so easy I had more time to go out a lay a few more lengths of track on Dent - almost there now YIPPPPPEEEE!!!

I know most of us hark back a bit in our modelling but Mr' Whippy and Mr' Softee COME-ON! Oh well OK I do remember them, sadly but fondly! To be honest its my only dairy product intake, I don't have milk, butter, marg', eggs, cream, cheese, or any other disgusting 'piddly' products! PLEASE don't ask why I eat ice-cream - I don't have the answer - honest!

• RMweb Gold

Mr Whippy and Mr Softee, what a brilliant way to get punters to actually buy fresh air. Come to think of it, we still do, with those of us who use the straight-from-the-fridge spreads and soft ice-cream!

Edited by Rowsley17D

• RMweb Premium

Just logged in for the first time today. Amusing to hear all the "airhead" discussion.

And Mike, I too don't eat eggs, butter and cheese - though the latter is because once I start eating the stuff, I can't stop! 

Great news from Bodge over in the 'lounge' for those who have missed it,
Kind regards,
Happy Jock.

I guess I'm missing something, so I'll go and take a look.

Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Behave yourself! 

Jeff

A "disagree" for the liking of wood for the larger Fell, eh?

Umm. Well, I LIKE wood, had a good look at the stock - just what's needed....

And the Fell WILL be larger. FACT. It will be built differently..... LARGER doesn't mean HEAVIER!

Maybe I should have made that clear.

Jeff

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Spent a couple of very pleasant hours unpacking locos from their large storage boxes (due to the move) and into the display cabinets (see pages 79-80 of this thread for the situation in 2012).

Everything seems to be intact!

At some stage in the near future I'll rig up a yard length of SMP to the DCC controller (if I can find where it's stored!!) and give the locos a little exercise to keep them ticking over.

Jeff

• Like 3

Spent a couple of very pleasant hours unpacking locos from their large storage boxes (due to the move) and into the display cabinets (see pages 79-80 of this thread for the situation in 2012).

Everything seems to be intact!

At some stage in the near future I'll rig up a yard length of SMP to the DCC controller (if I can find where it's stored!!) and give the locos a little exercise to keep them ticking over.

Jeff

Now that sounds to me like a Man with a Plan.

And we want some pics, hahaahahhaaeee

Bodge.

BTW I'm busy packing locos to send around the world, one has already gone to Canada and I have another for Canada and one to Berlin and 3 for the U.K.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Now that sounds to me like a Man with a Plan.

And we want some pics, hahaahahhaaeee

Bodge.

BTW I'm busy packing locos to send around the world, one has already gone to Canada and I have another for Canada and one to Berlin and 3 for the U.K.

Andy, you sound like Alan Whicker!!

Oh, you mean it's only the locos and NOT you who's travelling to these exotic places?!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate, hows the bunker emptying going on, can you see the walls yet, hahaha

Bodge.

Walls in the bunker? Whatever next? "Exploring through the deep recesses of KL2's bunker, Jeff saw a pair of beady eyes - minus prisms - in the distance. Ahh, said Jeff, pushing aside another 50 boxes..... Mr Andy Peters, I presume!?".....

Bunker IS getting emptied. Slowly. There's also 400 bricks in there - they can stay put for a while.

Jeff

• Like 1

Walls in the bunker? Whatever next? "Exploring through the deep recesses of KL2's bunker, Jeff saw a pair of beady eyes - minus prisms - in the distance. Ahh, said Jeff, pushing aside another 50 boxes..... Mr Andy Peters, I presume!?".....

Bunker IS getting emptied. Slowly. There's also 400 bricks in there - they can stay put for a while.

Jeff

Re the eyes Jeff, I have that in my old Garage, he's called Henry and has 8 LEGS. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Re the Bricks, you obviously don't want some toe rag pinching them in the night, hahaa. :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge

Re the Bricks, you obviously don't want some toe rag pinching them in the night, hahaa. :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge

How did they get in the Bunker? :jester:

I remember 40 odd years ago on our new build when a low loader full of paving slabs turned up at 4 o,clock and all the builders had gone home at 3.30 :yahoo: :angel:

• Like 2