Model Rail Loco Project

(The) Youth

My guess is another small, but fairly widely spread prototype to keep production costs down, but also to maximise appeal. I'm probably wide of the mark, but if it's industrial I'd suggest the 16" Hunslet for steam or the Sentinel diesel. The 4w version of the latter could feasibly use the same or very similar running gear to the steam Sentinel. Personally, I like the bigger 0-6-0 versions with coupling rods and cranks.

If it's a Big Four or BR prototype I'm stumped. However, I know there are those who'd welcome an r-t-r BR (Hunslet) 05 or a proper Barclay 06 instead of the geriatric Hornby offering. Anyway, that's my few bubbles' worth towards the froth...

Not even warm.......

Wow, Big Bertha then??? This pandering to obscure prototypes is getting out of hand now!

Clue: It's not a DMU.

18000 (or GT1 if you prefer). Recently repatriated at Didcot so available for laser-scanning. The only surviving british gas turbine loco and also the one with the longest working life. Wore both black and green liveries.

Just make sure you do N gauge as well as 00. ;)

• RMweb Gold

18000 (or GT1 if you prefer). Recently repatriated at Didcot so available for laser-scanning. The only surviving british gas turbine loco and also the one with the longest working life. Wore both black and green liveries.

The sound-fitted version should go down a blast...

• RMweb Premium

Well that would be lovely but what about the etched kit lurking in my drawer? :mosking:

I bet it will only be introduced after you have spent a whole load of time and money on building the kit - isn't that what usually happens - or so I'm told as I've never built a kit in my life - got lots in boxes though!!

Archived