Model Rail Loco Project

(The) Youth

Perhaps it's an 0-6-0T that used to mainly spend its time in a large dock network?

Or the one that came be-four?

U might SAy that, I couldn't possibly comment...

Lovely choices there, though if I could peck (sorry) pick it, my dockside daydreams are from the SHT/P&M.

• RMweb Gold

But if it was Bellephron why would you need to build a new layout? The slowly evolving colliery would be perfick ;)

So not a dmu, industrials not close and a couple convinced it's a USA tank?

Decent model of a J70 as it's not quite industrial but nice and small and probably a wider appeal than a USA? but which Toby have they scanned? the one at Thomas world :jester:

I doubt a USA tank, there's not that many American layouts feature in Model Rail.

But there are a huge number of southern modellers who would kill for a USA tank to accurately portray Southampton Docks workings and branchlines up and down the country. No doubt there's also mileage in a "Project 62" liveried model too.

I think, based on previous posts in this thread, a USA tank would seem to be the most logical choice.

Perfik - being commercial a Thomas face could work too - though it will be 'Bella' in this case to avoid silly royalties.

No, not "Bella", people would think you were marketing to the Twihard crowd! People would want Edward in sparkly paint next.

• RMweb Premium

So it's something that exists today as it has been scanned, but isn't a DMU or an industrial. I would only ask one further question as a clue (short of asking what it is of course), is it a model of something that has previously been an RTR release at any time in the past?

So it's something that exists today as it has been scanned, but isn't a DMU or an industrial. I would only ask one further question as a clue (short of asking what it is of course), is it a model of something that has previously been an RTR release at any time in the past?

It hasn't been scanned. I didn't say it's not an industrial, did I? I just said its not a DMU. Sadly, it's not 18000, although I did press pretty hard for that! I can't say whether or not it's been a kit or RTR in the past.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

But there are a huge number of southern modellers who would kill for a USA tank to accurately portray Southampton Docks workings and branchlines up and down the country. No doubt there's also mileage in a "Project 62" liveried model too.

I think, based on previous posts in this thread, a USA tank would seem to be the most logical choice.

and you would get away with using USA 0-6-0T's on rail tours and in various southern region works as they did later in life plus some was sold for industrial use in the UK so fits quite a few bills.

I just hope its not something sentinel related for my sake.

• RMweb Premium

It hasn't been scanned. I didn't say it's not an industrial, did I? I just said its not a DMU. Sadly, it's not 18000, although I did press pretty hard for that! I can't say whether or not it's been a kit or RTR in the past.

CHRIS LEIGH

Apologies Chris, I've just been going by what other replies have said as to what it isn't.

Apologies Chris, I've just been going by what other replies have said as to what it isn't.

No need to apologise. I wasn't snapping, just trying to get the froth back on track. And it's not Sentinel-related, at least in terms of being another different Sentinel prototype.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

Whatever it turns out to be we are certainly reaping the rewards of Modelrail, Kernow and Murphy etc taking the risks and proving these special commissions will sell.

Interesting times but is there a announcement date as some of us don't do Facebook?

Archived