BRM Photographic Competition

Dicky W

post-1481-0-53356200-1331823711.jpg post-1481-0-94025600-1331823755.jpg

Good afternoon

In the April issue there's a digital photographic competition running with a prize of a brand new Fujifilm HS-25EXR bridge camera.

post-1481-0-06622700-1331823548_thumb.jpg

Anything goes, as long as it's related to the field of model railways.

The competition is open to all - please send your best three images in jpeg format with a brief description of each image to us at BRM.

Further details are on page 37 of April's magazine, or you can find it here:

https://www.model-ra..._Bridge_camera/

A selection of entries will be appearing in BRM in the future and Andy will be creating a new gallery page at some point so we can also display some of the entries on here as well as MRL

Closing date is September 7, 2012.

Regards

Richard

• 1 month later...

As an update to Richard's post above some of the entries can now be seen at https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Features/British_Railway_Modelling_Digital_Photography_Awards_-_WIN_a_Fuji_Bridge_camera/

There's still plenty of time to get creative and get your entries in. I know there's plenty of shots out there which would be very worthy entries!

• RMweb Gold

There is nothing in the rules which mentions the ownership of the item being modelled - if I entered a photo of, say "Catcott Burtle", would I need to get Chris Nevard's permission to enter the photo ?

Stu

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy, obvious really...

Another question... is the competition being judged on the quality of the photo, or the quality of the item being photographed ?

I concede that a better item makes a better photo, but could a photo of a bog standard RTR item on RTP track contend with a scratch built loco on hand-made track ?

I guess the answer is unknown on that one Stu until the entries are 'judged'; a highly atmospheric shot of RTR/RTP could beat a plain photo of the most fantastic piece of modelling. Principally it's a photographic competition rather than a modelling one.

Archived