The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Ivo Peters Bentley

Chris Chewter

I'm still wondering which of these various suggestions would look alright 'in place' and acceptable for the area parked outside Ivo's abode in the Royal Crescent in Bath :O :scratchhead:

http://www.google.co...iw=1069&bih=986

Blimey Mike, I hadn't realised Ivo lived there! Up to now, I'd just assumed he lived somewhere on the outskirts of the city, with easy access to Midford and beyond.... well, you live and learn ;)

• RMweb Gold

Blimey Mike, I hadn't realised Ivo lived there! Up to now, I'd just assumed he lived somewhere on the outskirts of the city, with easy access to Midford and beyond.... well, you live and learn ;)

Exactly so - the Bentley would have (did so I'm told by those who knew Ivo) looked very well up there.

• RMweb Premium

Changing the subject a little, the latr Derek Cross also was wont to include is car in some of his photos - in some of his published photos, his Sunbeam Alpine used to appear - now what would be the modern equivalent of this.

Changing the subject a little, the latr Derek Cross also was wont to include is car in some of his photos - in some of his published photos, his Sunbeam Alpine used to appear - now what would be the modern equivalent of this.

Mazda M5?

Mazda M5?

The Sunbeam Alpine wasn't a particularly 'sporting' car....unless modified...[now the Tiger was something else, however...I remember seeing one belonging to the Met Police....pop-up Pleece' sign on rear shelf, and two burly coppers crammed inside.....must have had extra strong door locks?]

Probably one of the Swedish soft tops might be considered an equivalent these days?

As a modern equivalent of the old Bentley [in relevant terms], I think the big Chrysler might have filled the bill...in black, of course? The Old Bentley really wasn't super power in its day....and today, neither is the Chrysler...but it has a certain refined elegance...

Archived