Exactoscale - or their authorised retailers?

Steve Taylor

Ok, I've had stuff from Exactoscale/P4 track company direct at exhibitions but have never been able to get them to answer their phone. I know that MSE/Wizard/51L are authorised retailers of their track components but their website doesn't seem to like any address I supply to the online ordering form and they are not answering the phone either. Who else stocks P4 track company components on a retail/mail order basis?

aaaaah - ta for the clue. Its a Mac keyboard issue. I type "@" and lord alone knows what the sage card processing site sees but I have no valid email according to them. Even windows on virtualbox makes no difference until you use a windows keyboard layout. Order now placed but I guess friday post missed :( . Ho humm back to dying and laying timberwork now.

under those circumstances, I feel I should offer my condolences and crawl back under my rock. My apologies to Len and family for any distress caused and I assure you I was not aiming any criticism at him, I'm just a keen customer looking for an alternative route and yet again being foxed by Steve Jobs' keyboard layout. Also apologies to Andrew at MSE, the problem seems to be Sage derived in origin since they provide the card payment services which required a valid email address but seem to have failed to account for different available keyboard layouts. All solved and sorted now, and the least of my Friday afternoon traumas.

I am running an older MAC with a power PC G5 processor. From time to time I have problems using Safari. So I switch to Firefox. So far it has always worked. Note, I dont like using firefox that much because apparently there are some security issues. These have been fixed in a later version but this improved version will not run on a Power PC G5

under those circumstances, I feel I should offer my condolences and crawl back under my rock. My apologies to Len and family for any distress caused and I assure you I was not aiming any criticism at him, I'm just a keen customer looking for an alternative route and yet again being foxed by Steve Jobs' keyboard layout. Also apologies to Andrew at MSE, the problem seems to be Sage derived in origin since they provide the card payment services which required a valid email address but seem to have failed to account for different available keyboard layouts. All solved and sorted now, and the least of my Friday afternoon traumas.

Your order was posted today - away at Ally Pally all weekend, hence the non-response. Despite having nothing to do with Apple products (except those that come from Herefordshire), my @ key also sometimes does strange things - pressing " usually gets an @ on the screen.

Despite having nothing to do with Apple products (except those that come from Herefordshire), my @ key also sometimes does strange things - pressing " usually gets an @ on the screen.

Hi Andrew, you may wish to check that your web site works with Safari. When I click on your 'right away' ie pay now button the web page shows an error message that says the following 'Sorry, the website finishorder.php cannot be found'. I have never managed to place any orders using either a Mac or iPad.

T.

Your order was posted today - away at Ally Pally all weekend, hence the non-response. Despite having nothing to do with Apple products (except those that come from Herefordshire), my @ key also sometimes does strange things - pressing " usually gets an @ on the screen.

Sounds like you have the setting set for an american rather than UK keyboard. Common problem as this is often the default.

Sounds like you have the setting set for an american rather than UK keyboard. Common problem as this is often the default.

Should be a thing of the past really with most modern server products using the UTF8 character set. It does seem to be the issue here though.

No - @ on the keyboard gives @ on the screen 99.99% of the time, but occasionally @ and " swap places, and then the problem fixes itself without a reboot. I can't remember if the problem is associated with a particular piece of software or not. Strange...

Hi Andrew, you may wish to check that your web site works with Safari. When I click on your 'right away' ie pay now button the web page shows an error message that says the following 'Sorry, the website finishorder.php cannot be found'. I have never managed to place any orders using either a Mac or iPad.

T.

My web developer is aware of the problem, but can't fathom out why there should be one.

• 3 weeks later...

• Re: Scalefour North 2012

by andrew jukes » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:52 pm

I’m sorry to announce that Exactoscale will not be at Scalefour North next weekend. Len Newman is not at all well - he’s had various family problems and it seems likely the stress of dealing with them caused old health problems to return. Now he needs an operation and meanwhile is in a lot of pain. He’s clearly not able even to help sort out stock to make it possible for me to do something at Scalefour North on my own.

From our point of view, it’s a big loss as Scalefour North is one of the best shows for P4 sales. I shall attend as an ordinary visitor, probably on the Sunday, but will not be in a position to do any Exactoscale business.

Obviously, as Len manages all our mail orders, Exactoscale are basically not able to do any business at all at present and it is not clear when things will get back to normal.

I am very sorry about this - there have been difficulties for some time and we will have frustrated or disappointed many potential customers.

An additional complication is that, following upgrading to MacOS 10.7, I am not yet able to update the Exactoscale website (I need to upgrade Dreamweaver too!) and so am not able to advise customers of our problems. If non-members comment on Exactoscale’s non-performance, please pass on the information I’ve given here.

Andrew Jukes

Exactoscale Ltd.

Archived