Bachman to produce Butler Henderson D11/1 for National Railway Museum

Andy Y

I have had exactly the same problem, I ordered the NRM special back in March before my credit card details were stolen from The Signal Box website in August. I have subsequently been issued with a new card but the NRM have charged me this mornign to tthe old card and dispatched the loco without waiting for confirmation. I spoke to the bank this afternoon who had received the call for payment from the NRM and were in the process of bouncing it! I eventually got through to the NRM afterwards who thanked me for my honesty and said they would be in touch as soon as they received the rejection from the bank. Something about preceedures to follow according to the lady in York.

I should expect a call in the next couple of days for an updated payment - nothing in life is free, especially not limited edition model trains.

Mines just arrived - I cancelled my original order due to my card being affected by the Signal Box issues and reordered it on the new one when I got it so it seems they have gone through the pre orders very quickly as I was expecting a delay as per the TMC Horse Box. Also have not received any email advising of its despatch but then I never got any email confirmation of the original order.

• RMweb Gold

Butler-Henderson and Hobbie Elliot run-in and fitted with Lenz Silver 21-pin decoders:

post-586-0-99229900-1351974380.jpg

Wish fitting decoders was as easy as these were - all done and dusted in a few minutes. Pleased to advise a couple of smooth runners. Happy Bunny :imsohappy: :whistle:

Keith

Surprise, surprise, my Butler Henderson was waiting for me on the doorstep when I returned home this morning. I likes it :jester:

It is as well that I was in to receive my model as I suspect that if it had been left on the doorstep it wouldn't have been there too long!

Sadly I shall have to wait in again as the model is a poor runner (forwards only) at slow speed. Running in for the suggested time has not improved things.

I have just opened mine only to find the paintwork not as fine as I had hoped and inferior to that on the Bachmann limited edition 'BRITISH RAILWAYS' ex LNER green. The main area of concern is the wheel rims, the white lining is missing in places and the black paint has spread onto the wheel outside edge where it comes into contact with the rail.

It still runs a treat though.

Noticed a damaged lampiron so that is a candidate for a lamp, and the front vac pipe seemed oddly angled and had to be reglued.

Had a gluely mark on the smokebox door which wiped away, as the front vac pipe is according to the instructions to be fitted by the user wonder if it was a late decision to have them glued, apparently in a clumsy manner, in place.

Added the brake rods, that on the tender has an add on part not shown on the instructions which fits down into the chassis.

The front guard irons will require the packaging being appropriately cut if the loco is to be reboxed.

Anyone tried the farme extensions, what sort of mimimum radius works with them - need to get it over a Peco small Y

I wouldn't take anyone's word for it, but do your own trials on your layout with the frame extensions, tacking them on with blu tack or similar. It is not just the particular track piece you have that counts, but the additional variables of the workmanship standard achieved in your track base and track laying, and exactly how you choose to position the add-on pieces.

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived today and while not run yet it definitely looks ok apart from the ejector pipe which describes a graceful arc out from the boiler and handrail and seems to be too long to fit in the right place. Can anyone tell me if it goes through the front sheet of the cab or is it cut short so that it finishes on the boiler side of the front sheet?

Archived