Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Hi all, after having a bit of bother with the website, which now seems to be working fine, we've managed to get the five new buffers up and able to be purchased. Three are for the LNER steel open wagon which is available from Parkside Dundas and Bachmann. Bachmann unfortunately got the buffers wrong on theirs as they don't have the great big lugs on the top holding the body, a consequence of using the same underframe for the LNER vans.... and their unfitted one should have 1'6'' buffers, however LMS has done all three variations so you can take your pick. Another buffer is for the heavy BR Ironstone hoppers and is 2'01/2'' long with a 16''head and was seen on a few other wagons as well. The latest pneumatic buffer is a later pattern 2'01/2'' with an 18'' head, suitable for more modern freight stock and parcel vehicles, also I'm told, some DMU/EMUs.

Have a look on the website at:- www.lanarkshiremodels.com

post-10324-0-70285300-1332874095_thumb.jpg

LNER steel open wagon fitted with coupling hook and 1'81/2'' buffers with the great big lugs....

Please let us know if you have any difficulty with the website as we have had to make some alterations behind the scenes and there may be the odd link not working still....

All the best,

Dave Franks.

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the reply re. Buffer No B037. The only pic I have of this is the one on the website, does it not appear for you? I don't have a ferry van to photograph I'm afraid, I could put a slighty larger picture on here if you wish.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hi Dave,

I hadn't twigged that the descriptions were links. I can see 037; it's not unlike some I need for the German opens I'm building at the moment but less like the ones I had in mind. Those are visible here:

hgb_zps39bb647d.jpg

The French wagon in the NRM has the same type of buffer if you can find images of that online (I know of a few). They are produced as an SNCF/RIV type.

I can't see an image of B038; is that anything like the above?

Archived