The Ashby and Nuneaton Joint Railway

2ManySpams

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have just come across this topic when searching Google.

For my sins I am trying to build a P4 model of Market Bosworth Station and Goods yard as at around 1908.

Size constraints make it a representation of the area. The scenic length will be 4.6m.

I have never been able to find a huge amount of info on the station and the reason I was searching is for some data on the signalling at the time I am modelling.

Old pictures show the second LNWR signal box installed in the 1890's was a 25 lever design.

I have not read all of the posts on the thread yet but if anyone has posted about signalling I would be very interested to see the details.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome along David.

Feel completely free to post anything of interest on this thread!

Out of interest I was at Market Bosworth at the weekend. It looks very sorry for itself these days, despite being almost on a preserved line.

Not a book but Marsden Rail dvd 26 a rail tour ran via the A&N. the dvd also includes footage of the Bass railway in Burton and preserved locos parked outside Derby loco

Laurence

A cracking video is this - one which I can watch time and time again. Quite a bit on the A&N. The six bells jcn link above explains the day and compliments the video nicely.

Shame all has now gone.

Brit15

Thanks for the welcome.

For my project it is great that the Battlefield Line have now acquired more of Market Bosworth station and goods yard.

They now hold some big events at the site as it offers a lot of space.

I recently went to one event and it is a great opportunity to walk around the site search out items/buildings from the past that are still standing.

Ellis & Sons were the local coal merchants operating out of the site.

There is a small brick built "hut" near the road entrance hidden in the undergrowth which I think is either the goods yard office or one of the Ellis & Sons offices.

There is much of the ballast from the coal exchange sidings as well.

• 2 years later...

Good Afternoon All,

I have recently come across this post p, of which I have read with interest. I have been volunteering on this line for many years, though I admit with a recent break.

I do know a lot about the history of this line and can point you in a few areas should you need anymore information. Please do not hesitate to PM me should you require.

Regards,

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Tom. Although the thread started out three plus years ago as a layout idea I've since moved on to a 7mm Bodmin project. I think a layout based on my local line remains in my blood though and I'm sure it will happen at some point in the future. In the meantime I keep an eye out for interesting books and information, and hope this thread is a useful repository to others. This reminds me that there's a few more bits of information I should post here...

Archived