Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Picked up a copy today after reading your post, looks good to me.

Alan.

Thanks Alan, I hoped I could do it justice, I have done all the pics on my Weathering Projects that have appeared over the last year or so but this is the first time I have attempted a main shoot with my Box Brownie.

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Just read your article in RM- good one mate. 

I loved the bit where Steve Flint said you phoned him and told him you had changed the layout and then at the end you phoned again to say that you had started an N gauge one.  You must phone him every couple of weeks!  ;)

Have you got any more articles to write to stop you getting bored as all your modelling stuff is away?

Oh this is excellent! love it! looks good fun to operate, i love the idea of o gauge! this is very inspirational, thanks for sharing  :locomotive:

Thanks BBH, it is nice to operate at home but is hard at shows due to having to couple the three links at the front with the crowd pushing in, but that is what make Exhibiting great fun.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Coupling at shows is easy make up a nice shunting pole look for a suitable kid in the audience and invite them to do the coupling/uncoupling small girls in particular are very dextrous. A hat with Shunter across could add to the fun. Me and Dave Burt hardly touched the controls at Thornbury when exhibiting Sparrows Wharf. With one on the controller and one doing the shunting we had them queing to have a go. You do need to tell them what to do as none of them had any idea about shunting.

Don

• Like 2

Coupling at shows is easy make up a nice shunting pole look for a suitable kid in the audience and invite them to do the coupling/uncoupling small girls in particular are very dextrous. A hat with Shunter across could add to the fun. Me and Dave Burt hardly touched the controls at Thornbury when exhibiting Sparrows Wharf. With one on the controller and one doing the shunting we had them queing to have a go. You do need to tell them what to do as none of them had any idea about shunting.

Don

Morning Don, Cheers for that, the problem I have is that I have Vari Focal lenses in my glasses and trying to line up the Shunting pole is a nightmare, I normally end up with an O Gauge wagon dangling on the end as I wave it around in the air in frustration. :O

Bodgit :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have just check it all over his evening ready for loading in the car on Friday and setting off early Saturday morning.

Two Bacon Butties for each of my operators when we get there to set us up for the day. :O :o :O :o :O :o :O

Really enjoyed myself operating  'Trebudoc'  on it's last ever public showing at the Kirkby show, it ran like a dream as always, even thought l saw a tear in Bodgit's eye ?

George.

Morning George, It was a good weekend and I was more than pleased with it, we had a good journey home and T was delivered safely to its new owner, I am going around at 4pm to set it up for him and just check that everything is o.k.

Thanks for all your help and I am glad you enjoyed playing with opperating it.

Bodgit = EDIT, I forgot my smiliey :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: extra for luck, haha

Edited by Andrew P

I hope this inspirational layout is going to a good home, and that its not the last we see of it.

Are there any final photos to share?

Thanks and best wishes, Dave.

Morning Dave, it will NOT be seen in public again as far as I know as the chap just wants it for a home layout, but Andy Y and Mike Wild have done some pics for articles one day and so it may appear in print again.

I took a few pics at the weekend and once I have done todays chores I will sit down and down load them and stick some on here.

Thanks again Dave,

Thanks to Trevor Peat and the team at the Elizabethan Railway Soc for a great show at the weekend, they always make us feel so welcome.

Some pics from the Show.

Firstly thanks to my team, from L to R Myself, George T, Peter BB, both of this Parish and lastly Mike.

post-9335-0-16098000-1381761028_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20224000-1381761134_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89995500-1381761177_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-32535500-1381761249_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77960700-1381761312_thumb.jpgpost-9335-0-50237900-1381761385_thumb.jpg

More later,

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13