RMweb

Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Hi Guys, some fresh pics today of the Pannier with the China Clays, (i really must re do the tarpaulins), Ex Welsh Collery 0-6-0 in Great Western and a 6100 on local goods, both of these need a total rebuild but they run well. Also some pics of the disused and almost derilect Cattle Dock.

post-9335-0-28091200-1338297793_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67198900-1338297853_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26768700-1338297879_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46641600-1338297909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Nice pics Andy.

Do like that black pannier on the clays too.

Don't suppose you have an old sheet/black fabric to pin against the wall as the blockwork and conduit take some of the magic away?

Not meant as a critiscism...more a suggestion...feel free to ignore!

Nice pics Andy.

Do like that black pannier on the clays too.

Don't suppose you have an old sheet/black fabric to pin against the wall as the blockwork and conduit take some of the magic away?

Not meant as a critiscism...more a suggestion...feel free to ignore!

I will try to dig out my 6ft sheet of white plasticard, but I know what you mean wish I had room for some Clay Drys as you have done.
  • Like 1

Having had another look at the 4F I decided to do a re work on it. I wanted to photograph it outside but it just started to spit with rain as I started so ot was back inside to do some more.

post-9335-0-85142400-1338395693_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43984300-1338395725_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-55730600-1338395771_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

I'm with you when operating from the 'front'. I've been doing the same on Orchard Road (my son prefers operating from behind) and then able to interact with the viewers and passing them the controller.

There are a number of mis-conceptions about DCC and handing someone the controller (a NCE Powercab in my case) certainly helps.

Oh and the children like to operate the horn on my one sound fitted loco!

See you in Stafford!

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I'm with you when operating from the 'front'. I've been doing the same on Orchard Road (my son prefers operating from behind) and then able to interact with the viewers and passing them the controller.

There are a number of mis-conceptions about DCC and handing someone the controller (a NCE Powercab in my case) certainly helps.

Oh and the children like to operate the horn on my one sound fitted loco!

See you in Stafford!

Spot on, My team and I are looking forward to Stafford with Loch Leven, Trebudoc is still DC as I cant afford to chip my O Gauge locos.

Hi Andy, Can you post some pictures of your reworked 4f, now that you have removed all the rust, and can l bring my 4f down for a run on trebudoc for some shunting etc...............

Regards George...........

Hi Andy, Can you post some pictures of your reworked 4f, now that you have removed all the rust, and can l bring my 4f down for a run on trebudoc for some shunting etc...............

Regards George...........

O.K Mate I have removed the rust from my 4F and on the 7mm site most of the comments seem to prefer it as it was AND SO DO I. :nono: As for running on Trebudoc it will be at the Great Central Railway, Nottingham along with Loch Leven which will be running as Steam / Green Diesel on August 4th / 5th.

post-9335-0-55970700-1339008187_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53989700-1339008209_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-97192000-1339008230_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87398400-1339008247_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

As an "impartial observer" it's interesting to compare your photos of the 4F posted on May 30 and today.

The majority of my locos are pristine or lightly weathered. I'm reluctant to "muck up" my own stock, but I have to agree with you that there is no contest as to which version of your 4F looks best - the weathered one.

Maybe it can "rain" a lot on Trebudoc over the next few weeks and the 4F can be restored to its rusty and decrepit glory!

Great stuff!

Jeff

Hi Andy,

As an "impartial observer" it's interesting to compare your photos of the 4F posted on May 30 and today.

The majority of my locos are pristine or lightly weathered. I'm reluctant to "muck up" my own stock, but I have to agree with you that there is no contest as to which version of your 4F looks best - the weathered one.

Maybe it can "rain" a lot on Trebudoc over the next few weeks and the 4F can be restored to its rusty and decrepit glory!

Great stuff!

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, You are right so I will have a word with the cleaning crew and get them to forget this loco for a week or two, keep looking for new pics.

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Jeff, You are right so I will have a word with the cleaning crew and get them to forget this loco for a week or two, keep looking for new pics.

Will do, Andy. Pay the cleaning crew "bu***r all" and they are sure to let the 4F revert to being a rust-bucket. Lol!

Have you any other O gauge steamers in the pipeline? I'm 00 through and through, but if I had a lot of money, and space, I'd love to build a substantial O gauge layout. Cracking model you have there!

Cheers,

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Will do, Andy. Pay the cleaning crew "bu***r all" and they are sure to let the 4F revert to being a rust-bucket. Lol!

Have you any other O gauge steamers in the pipeline? I'm 00 through and through, but if I had a lot of money, and space, I'd love to build a substantial O gauge layout. Cracking model you have there!

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I have the Bachmann Brassworks Pannier, Acme Kits Ivatt 2-6-2 tank and a couple of very old locos as you see above. I am starting to get a OO collection ready to run on Loch Leven at GCR Nottingham, in August and just bought a Bachmann Jubilee Drake from Hattons SILLY deal £138 CHIP FITTED for just £56, I could not miss that one, plus I have a Bachmann Pannier, 3MT, Ivatt 4, Hornby Std 4, Black 5, West County Westward Ho, my 8f which I have fitted a Howes Sound unit to.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, I have the Bachmann Brassworks Pannier, Acme Kits Ivatt 2-6-2 tank and a couple of very old locos as you see above. I am starting to get a OO collection ready to run on Loch Leven at GCR Nottingham, in August and just bought a Bachmann Jubilee Drake from Hattons SILLY deal £138 CHIP FITTED for just £56, I could not miss that one, plus I have a Bachmann Pannier, 3MT, Ivatt 4, Hornby Std 4, Black 5, West County Westward Ho, my 8f which I have fitted a Howes Sound unit to.

Quite agree. I'd made my mind up to get one of these when their site went down and still hasn't fully recovered!

Thanks for the comments on my thread. The first job tomorrow morning (I'm on holiday) is to fit the first 4 legs under my frame.

The Forum is an inspirational place and I love watching your shunting layouts. So much attention to detail. Long may it continue.

Jeff

Still playing with my new Air Brush and now I have got rid of that WHITE BLOB it looks much better, the problem is I keep seeing photos of different 4F's so cop different ideas, YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE.

post-9335-0-78685900-1339164106_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-32661600-1339164128_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20139500-1339164160_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

Whats this? Posting at 05.46? Lol!!

Anyway, to the point... the 4F looks good, but you could possibly get away with even more "grot" - though weathering is a matter of personal taste. I suppose one problem is that if the loco is filthy, the rolling stock should be too, and that makes for a lot of work.

Your 4F is a beauty and, though I prefer her weathered, she'd look good whatever you do to her!

Cheers,

Jeff

Love the shot looking towards the bridge. I have been thinking about getting an airbrush for a while.and wondered what you are using and whether you have got a compressor. It seems an expensive way to go on a small layout.

Cheers Rob

For the price they are well worth it, my latest set up was about £75, compressor and airbrush. To me an absolute must for painting locos etc. These days that is less than a kit loco. It will last you years as well so the cost is minute in the scheme of things.

Love the shot looking towards the bridge. I have been thinking about getting an airbrush for a while.and wondered what you are using and whether you have got a compressor. It seems an expensive way to go on a small layout.

Cheers Rob

My Air Brush kit is from Everything Airbrush and was £49.01 plus postage, it is designed for nail art and comes complete with a mini compressor for that price. It will do down to 1mm line, you also get a choice of brushes, all gravity fed, and I went for the one with the side screw on cup so that I can use it at different angles for things like track etc.

This one is for Peter and Jeff, and any others that prefered the weathered pics, I too prefered the rusty old nail, but I have now done a compromise, some rust on the smoke box and rust streaks from the hand rail knobs. NOW THIS WAS DONE WITH WEATHERING POWDERS!

post-9335-0-81050800-1339257615_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-96994300-1339257637_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06841600-1339257659_thumb.jpg

• Like 7