Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

Not "in the plastic" but anyway they're a bit early for me - I'd like some nice standard 12 ton vans in brown with BR arrows please :) About six would sort my layout plan completely...

Dont know mate, saw some old Lima ones today at Derby Show but they looked really wrong.

Most Lima stuff, in any scale, looks "wrong" by today's standards! I remember the N gauge stuff that was a different ratio in each X, Y and Z axis... and none of them were right!

The only good things that Lima made were OO Gauge Class 33, 37, 47, 50, 66, and 59s I think!, Good for there time. Edited by Andrew P

The grass is getting greener in the yard, mainly due to its lack of use. The bridge is now done and there is just the embankment at the front to complete and the details in the provender store.

post-9335-0-00607900-1337251160_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-15444400-1337251179_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83771900-1337251200_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46235300-1337251217_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-61749900-1337251236_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06431600-1337251256_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-94370200-1337251274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

Hi Andy,

Excellent work - the track looks so much better for a bit of grass.

What do you use? Hanging basket liner?

Regards,

James

Hi James, yes the embankment is Basket Liner and it is a mixture of that and Static Grass between the tracks.

Hi Andy,

You have done a great job with the layout. Looks to be something to stand watch for sometime

Colin

Cheers Colin, Yes I love shunting wagons, especially with O Gauge three link couplings.

Andy, Whilst I'm thinking about a 7mm layout you plan, build and have it operational!

I love your layouts.

All the best, Pete.

Cheers Pete, good to hear from you again, hope you are keeping busy, love the Strat Avatar!. Too much time on my hands and its a dam site better than British TV.

Love the over grown look Andy, very realistic, well done.................

Hi George, thanks mate looking forward to showing it soon. May take it to RM Web day if I can get it in the car with Loch Leven.

• RMweb Gold

and its a dam site better than British TV.

Agreed on the TV front...especially Spanish TV...if I sit in front of it, I dose off after a while whilst at least dining room table modelling keeps me awake...:yes:

Lovely layout Andy...that grass has really taken it to the next level.

I read in the 'compact layouts' section supplement last weekend that you were planning a 7mm BR blue layout...is that after this ones finished? ;)

Agreed on the TV front...especially Spanish TV...if I sit in front of it, I dose off after a while whilst at least dining room table modelling keeps me awake... :yes:

Lovely layout Andy...that grass has really taken it to the next level.

I read in the 'compact layouts' section supplement last weekend that you were planning a 7mm BR blue layout...is that after this ones finished? ;)

Cheers bcnPete. now the 7mm Blue is on the back burner for a while as I am doing that in 4mm. Trebudoc will remain Steam and Green Diesel once the Dapol 08 arrives, for now at least, ha ha.

Just got my Bachmann Brassworks 4f but it needs weathering, I have taken some photos but I have a problem with my Office 2010 at the moment so I cant post them yet. I also have my eye on a Brassworks BR Std 4 MT so I will have to look at taking out a Mortgage or sell my sole to the Devil. :triniti:

Not quite sure how a 4f made it down to Trebudoc, its a Bachmann Brassworks that I have weathered today, and is still waiting for its smoke box number and Bath shed plate. Also some oil drums I picked up from Unit Models at the Derby show, and also a couple of guys that I have borrowed from a member of our Railway Club, he paints them and does a really good job.

post-9335-0-11950800-1338063485_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-00568000-1338063508_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10346200-1338063525_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P

The 4F is good for the small railway, they do not look out of place trailing just a break van.

Thanks Peter, about the same size of a Collet Goods, I will post some pics of my 2 GW Locos in the next few days, they both need a a total rebuild, but they run really well so need doing.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy.

The photos you posted yesterday are very nice indeed. Particularly like the guy with his cup of tea (or whatever!).

Are you planning a backscene for the rear of the layout?

I don't normally look at 0 gauge layouts, but, as with Loch Leven, you're doing a cracking job.

Jeff

Hi Andy.

The photos you posted yesterday are very nice indeed. Particularly like the guy with his cup of tea (or whatever!).

Are you planning a backscene for the rear of the layout?

I don't normally look at 0 gauge layouts, but, as with Loch Leven, you're doing a cracking job.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I am NOT planning a backscene on this one as at home I will spin it around and operate as at shows. Also I like to comunicate with the paying public and find back scenes always a bit restrictive, and with Glen Roy and Loch Leven I operate from the front at the end, and I find this great to be able to not only chat to the public but let them have a go as many people are frightened of DCC untill they try it, also the kids enjoy starting up Diesels and sounding the horns. I was going to do the same with this and I don't know why I didn't to be honest. The main point lever and the on/off switch for the dead section are under the grass embankment along the back. I can get to them from the front but its very awkward and would deffinately be a pain at shows.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jeff, I am NOT planning a backscene on this one as at home I will spin it around and operate as at shows. Also I like to comunicate with the paying public and find back scenes always a bit restrictive, and with Glen Roy and Loch Leven I operate from the front at the end, and I find this great to be able to not only chat to the public but let them have a go as many people are frightened of DCC untill they try it, also the kids enjoy starting up Diesels and sounding the horns. I was going to do the same with this and I don't know why I didn't to be honest. The main point lever and the on/off switch for the dead section are under the grass embankment along the back. I can get to them from the front but its very awkward and would deffinately be a pain at shows.

Cheers Andy. I think your "hands-on" attitude is first-class, especially with regard to DCC. A number of my Physics students have had a go on my old layout and been amazed by the flexibility of the system. The more converts the merrier!

Best wishes,

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman