Lord Street Freightliner T.M.D. oo DCC

lordhinton

hi i have been adding various little detail parts to the layout recently like more ballast, buffers yellow warning lines and of cause a new shed, also i have recently got hold of a lima station building? not sure what make but its bright red, i have cut the front off this and added in a new roof, this will be sprayed brown and weathered as such..

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

(sorry for poor quality pictures main camera is away having lenz fixed)

thanks for looking

dan

HI update here!

i have been recently painting in the yellow warning line as mentioned in the previous post, i would have dont the fueling point ones if my masking tape hadent run out on me! also i have attached a better pic of my red building, this still needs painting..

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

thanks

dan

well after 1 whole pot of humbrol enamel matt 83 (brown) used on the layout about 80% of uncovered base has been painted this colour, this gives me a sort of base so there is no tatty baseboard parts showing apart from the parts that need ballasting

also my red house thing is now brown.. i plan to paint the top part doors and windows grey..

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

also showing my mention in (British railway modelling volume 20 no.3 on page 19 (this made me quite proud for some odd reason as its my first ever publie mentioning, although it was a comment on a layout..)

IMG_2138.jpg

thanks for looking and comments always!

thanks

dan

thanks!

lucky i got 18 starting next tuesday :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

thanks

dan

Nah you will be fine. Just make sure you revise lots!

(I've finished all my mocks now!) :senile:

goodluck with your results in summer!

lastnight i build a station platform for my raised section, this has been painted the approiate colours and has a brick wall? at the front i will make this an xc route and require 1 dummy car from a xc 170, anybody know where i can get one i would be grateful

thanks

dan

hi there

not much of an update but i have recently been working on my station, i have scratch build 1 of 2 light and a shelter, photos will be uploaded tomorrow morning if possible

also i have created a website for my layout (link below) i will update here too so feel free to have a poke aaround :D

http://lordstreettmd.webs.com/

thanks for looking

dan

hi heres those pics i owe ya!, the platform i build just wasnt up to scrach so i decided to buld a wills platform, i used 1 pack cut in half to make a longer platform, this measures 18"

also the shelter and light were scrach built, the light is a peice of brass cut to size glued to several different peices of plasticard

the shelter is all sorts of sizes of plasticard macled together, this will be painted blue and will receive glazing,

also ive started scrach building a yard lamp, im taking my time with this one as it stands out in size and is one of the main features!, ive used plastruct L shaped girders, thin plasticard strips and small brass rodd glued together (not sure what size brass is)

enjoy the pictures!

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

thanks for looking!

dan

• 4 weeks later...

hi there folks! work has been on the low for the layout at the moment but i hope to carry on with work as enfusiasm is growing again (lack of money stopped me) ive done bits and bobs to the layout but not much!

thanks for reading

dan

also showing my mention in (British railway modelling volume 20 no.3 on page 19 (this made me quite proud for some odd reason as its my first ever publie mentioning, although it was a comment on a layout..)

IMG_2138.jpg

thanks for looking and comments always!

thanks

dan

Aha I just purchased the digital edition of this magazine today and found your name in it - was going to contact you then I realised you had already put up a post lol.

hi there

Update with pictures after!

i have been selling a few locos on ebay and other various places to put money towards an 86, now i wanted a freightliner one but i found that they were deerer? so instead for £70ish i got hold of a brand new virgin Heljan class 86 and some fox transfers and railmatch green and yellow paint, its all travelling the country in different ways to get to me :P

locos i sold were the mainline 09,grey class 20, 3x Hornby cda wagons,Dapol spine wagon, and in the process of the NR 37,

im happy with the look of Heljan class 86's , some will say they look rong but i like them so i will be respraying one, the only problem is the pantograph, does anyone know where i can get hold of a single arm pantograph that will fit?

also i have been scratch building out of brass and rails some over head line holders? theys look smart from a distance when primed, ive made 3 i plan to make 15 ish

thanks for looking and pics later

dan

heres some pics as to yesterdays update, also i have an old triang class 31 on lifting jacks in the shed!

the 86 is coming along nicely just awaiting my green paint! one fire extingusher has been removed from the roof the other painted orange and will be stuck along the back of the cab as per prototype

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

ohle line gantry (one of 3 i made)

IMG_3551.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

thanksfor looking

dan

freightliner has recently had an 86 resprayed at lord street - as reported by lordhinton on tinyworldforums

the loco was seen leaving the shed with 08530 it appears to be 86501

DSC_0008.jpg

now seen waiting whilst yard shunter changes points

DSC_0010.jpg

now seen beaing ready to be pushed into her overnight siding also shunter changing points

DSC_0011.jpg

seing being pushed into stabling road 1

DSC_0012.jpg

paired with 70006 ready to be taken upto crewe the following morning also sat with 47258

DSC_0013.jpg

shunter moves the 08 back to shed road leaving me in a helicoper to view it :P

DSC_0014.jpg

thanks for reading through

paint was railmatch freightliner green and tamiya xf-3 flat yellow

transfers are fox and buffers are supposed to be poorly painted as will be wethered wont really show much (501s bufferbeam is pretty much black!)

thanks

dan

• 3 weeks later...

dont worry guys! the layout is not abandoned not had much funds recently to spend on the layout so instead ive been working on a few locos, also a spare £20 lent from my dad has helped me buy a proper base for the layout, i brought some wood strips from bnq and maccled them together and fixed to the wall, now the layout doesnt have to rely on sitting on my draws!, now none of the layout has a slight sag problem and is all sorted :) also i have added around 2 ft to the left hand side of the layout, this makes the sidings bigger and gives more play :)

i will upload pictures soon!

thanks

dan

Hi Dan

Good work with the Freightliner repaint

The NR CLASS 37 I purchased from you is

now 97302 and is has all numbers and decals

fitted I have purchased a Bachmann single rd

shed and am in the process of fitting interior lights

as well as outdide lights using surface minute LEDS

The pit has had lights fitted as well photos should be

on Heathfield soon Well Done

David Wexford

Hi Dan,

your layout shows great potential, depot layouts are always popular, somewhere to show off your collection. I would just say that the ballast you've been using looks a bit overscale, I think it'd look a whole lot better if you found some finer stuff for the rest of the depot. Also....... I'm a bit worried about your baseboard, although it looks a lot better with it's own legs there doesn't seem to be much bracing for the actual surface, I hope it doesn't warp on you. Remember that as you start ballasting you'll probably be spraying a lot of water over it, and water can make some board materials warp. Otherwise keep up the good work and keep us up to date on your progress.

Archived