Bachmann 25

stadman

Best location for speaker, rather large box into Bachmann 25052 (Which was local to me).

Speaker housing to big to fit cut out in block, should it go in fuel tank area?

Any suggestions welcom.

thanks.

Kev S

Cut the sides off the fuel tank, fit the speaker 40x 20 [with baffle box], facing downwards towards the rails.

Re cut the fuel tanks sides, super glue to sides to the speaker, hey presto a decent sized speaker and baffle box fitted to a 25.

If you don't want to go through that procedure, buy yourself a 4ohm bass enhanced speaker [if its a V4 sound chip] and fit to the the top of the chassis.

Fuel tank speaker does in my opinion sound better, but does take more work.

Hi,

Stripped and machined the chassis on my Bachmann Class 25 and fitted two 40 X 20 8 ohm speakers

(one under the roof fan and one in the fuel tank)

Rewired it while I was at it. It sounds very good.

Sorry the picture doesn't show the speaker in the fuel tank very well.

If you would like me to do yours please send me a P.M.

Thanks B.L.

post-11409-0-36412600-1333842464_thumb.jpg

post-11409-0-98625800-1333842536_thumb.jpg

Hi again,

My location, just outside Northampton.

Please send me a P.M. if you require further details.

I'm sorry but for some reason I didn't take many pictures of the mods I did to my 1st Class 25 chassis. (I have another one to do soon, and will take more detailed photos next time)

To describe it briefly I machined two cut outs in the chassis,one to accommodate the speaker under the roof fan, and another under the circuit board to allow the sound from the speaker in the fuel tank to "escape" into the loco body. (I fitted it facing upwards so that the inside of the loco acts as a sound chamber),plus the speaker in the fuel tank doesn't act as a "mobile magnet" picking up any nasty debris from the track. If you think your decoders sounds are good with the body off wait till you hear it with the body on! I have modified Class 37's, Class 40's, & Class 55's in a similar manner, and am very pleased with the results. Oh yes I forgot,I've done a couple of Class 20's, but they don't require the same amount of "surgery"

Thanks again for your interest. Regards B.L.

I'm initially going to await SWD's reply.

Not really impressive that it doesn't fit without hacking the loco though.

You may be better off knocking up a blue tac enclosure on the chassis and removing the speaker from the housing and sitting it into it. Making sure the speaker is a few 5/6 mm high [that way you create a sound chamber off the chassis]. It also saves pulling the loco apart, or milling!

Archived