West Kirby Town: narrow gauge is coming to town.

Dmudriver

Don't, Paul!!  Don't!!    :no:  :no:

Look at my username - I can't go third rail!!    :no:  :no:

Paul's right you know Rod .... you could commission some LMR 502 & 503's of Allan at Worsley Works ...... you may have to sell some stock to finance this but it would be worth it ...... I'll give you a good price on the 115 "cough,cough"  :tomato:

Those houses really do lift the layout up another few notches now Rod, they add a nice bit of hard urban scenery .....they are lovely, I bet you are really chuffed with them.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1

Paul's right you know Rod .... you could commission some LMR 502 & 503's of Allan at Worsley Works ...... you may have to sell some stock to finance this but it would be worth it ...... I'll give you a good price on the 115 "cough,cough"  :tomato:

Those houses really do lift the layout up another few notches now Rod, they add a nice bit of hard urban scenery .....they are lovely, I bet you are really chuffed with them.

Best regards

Craig.

No way on the leckies, Craig!!!!  Yes, I am really chuffed with the houses - they do add another dimension.  Now to get on with the rest of the scenery.

Rod

• Like 1

Best regards

Craig.

I was thinking 507 Craig!

Rod - are you going to put some period TV aerials on those houses?

Regards

Paul R

• Like 1

I was thinking 507 Craig!

Rod - are you going to put some period TV aerials on those houses?

Regards

Paul R

There's no way at all they might be 507s: 503s IF AT ALL!!!!   And that is very, very unlikely, particularly as I'm looking at the Easybuild 101.

I'd never thought about TV aerials, Paul.  They're evident on one of the pics I've got, but not the others - more likely due to the film used in the 70s/80s, I assume, rather than their being non-existent.

I'll have to think about that.

A bit of advice, please.  Does anyone know where I can get fencing like this?

post-7571-0-65400600-1479248438_thumb.jpg

In 7mm, that is, I don't want anyone suggesting B&Q!!!  MMP do some, I think, but it looks very complicated to assemble.  The alternative is something like this, but the mesh would be very hard to produce, I suspect:

post-7571-0-86484500-1479249874_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

More soon.

Rod

Edited by Dmudriver

• RMweb Gold

The stuff in the first pic is steel palisade

Found this at 1:50 scale

www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/shop/lx055-50-laser-cut-2m-palisade-security-fencing-gates-150/ Their 4mm stuff's pretty good.

The second picture is good old chain link

Rod

Bit of Norf Lunnun inspiration...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/58132-dock-green/?p=968966

Might help on the fencing.

(Edit - I thought the link would take you to the bit where Chaz did his chain link fence, but it appears that I have hit the post& wire bit. It might be slightly earlier - say page 18 or so. In any case, I'm sure a pm would drag him back from his US HO railway to the wonderful world of 0 gauge... :))

Best

Simon

Edited by Simond

I used tulle fabric for my chain link fence. The local habadashery shop  had a large selection so I was able to choose the right size mesh and then sprayed it grey with Halfords primer. The best thing was that it was very cheap - around £1.50 for a metre. The posts I made from square plastic section with a slight bend at the top made from softening over a hot soldering iron with holes drilled using a brass jig.

I'll try and post a photo later.

Rod

Bit of Norf Lunnun inspiration...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/58132-dock-green/?p=968966

Might help on the fencing.

(Edit - I thought the link would take you to the bit where Chaz did his chain link fence, but it appears that I have hit the post& wire bit. It might be slightly earlier - say page 18 or so. In any case, I'm sure a pm would drag him back from his US HO railway to the wonderful world of 0 gauge... :))

Best

Simon

Thanks, Simon.  I'd forgotten about the fencing on Chaz's layout.  But before I could check it, HealeyMills gave me a direct link - see below.

Rod

TV aerials - as I recall, they would either be H or X depending on the transmitter not the broadcast channel. Thus you would normally only see one type in an area depending on the transmission polarisation. Mixing the two types is a modelling aberration.

Dave

Hi Rod,

The houses look fantastic, and really compose the scene nicely.

With regard to the fencing, isn't the ugly palisade fencing  bit too modern for your era? I would have thought the chain link fencing was more in line with your period. Cue debate about the introduction of said fencing!!

Excellent thread, really enjoying following it.

Kevin.