Blues Street "Lets be MODDING You"

I havent forgot you peeps but thought I'd better get started on my competing entry for this year so have jumped ship for a little while

• 3 weeks later...

if your useing it for the NMT i think i played about with a light rail grey and added a little bit of black to get the shade right if i remember right. might be the best way to do it as i dont think there is a "royal roof grey" at the moment :no:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haven't forgot you good folks out there been caught up in my other hobby rc car racing but fear not I'm back anyway the NMT is on the back burner for a bit ( got a little board off it ) anyway I'm going to be doing one off Peter Harvey's radio survey coaches got the donor coach out the bottom of the box first things first a bath in super strip

Right salvaged the fso and turned that into my brake force runner now prototype pics show no window frames so going to sand them of but not going to make the sides perfectly smooth were they plated over the windows as the prototype is not also just picked myself up a airfix bso happy days

• RMweb Premium

Right salvaged the fso and turned that into my brake force runner now prototype pics show no window frames so going to sand them of but not going to make the sides perfectly smooth were they plated over the windows as the prototype is not also just picked myself up a airfix bso happy days

Hi Rob,

You can also use a FO for 977983 - the Electrification Measurement Vehicle. I've just cut a bl**dy great big hole in the roof of mine - I've just taken a couple of pics of it which hopefully be on my yellow thread soon.

The plated brake force runners 99666 and 977986 are pretty flush, but from some angles you can see where the windows were! Very difficult to do on a model without making it too obvious.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Mick

Right update on the break force runner

post-12082-0-76229900-1353284649_thumb.jpg

With window blanks fitted and still with window frames

post-12082-0-04946200-1353284687_thumb.jpg

with frames sanded down

Have given it a coat of filler primer which will hopefully lose the min gap around the windows

Right the break force runner is not looking to bad now got that prototypicalish look I think but gentlemen please be the judge's :yes:

post-12082-0-21884700-1353369466_thumb.jpg

post-12082-0-40111700-1353369477_thumb.jpg

and the dbso donor coach all stripped ready

post-12082-0-06614500-1353369504_thumb.jpg

enjoy :D

Archived