Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

1 hour ago, mark axlecounter said:

Hi bud 

they look very good can’t wait to see them when they are finished. 
keep up the good work fella 

Thanks Mark very much appreciated, take care.

59 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Looking very good mate, shame I can't get up to see them.

Cheers Andy, Hope everything goes to plan tomorrow and stress free, take care mate will catch up soon.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello lan, Wouldn't say expert but l have nearly built three of them for a customer WC 34005, BB 34077 & MN 35023  l have finished 34005, and about 85% on the other two, even managed to obtain a kit for myself which will be finished as 34087 '145 Squadron' so that's four in total plus the MOK Q1 l build a while back, just love Bulleids...

PS. When are you going to start the un-rebuilt Finney Bulleid you bought a while back ??? take care and keep safe ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, O-Gauge-Phil said:

I do like the sight glasses, are they covered in clear plastic or something?  They do look likethe real thing.  The light seams to be reflected from them.

Phil

Hi Phil, Just painted white and when dried a few coats of gloss varnish

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

They really look the business!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, Really pleased at the progress, they are beautiful models and a joy to build still plenty to do yet, hope you are well and keeping safe, looking forward to a catch up at the next O gauge show whenever that is, take care till then...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tender said:

Blimey George, looks like you've got a fine production line going there.

Take care.

Ray.

Hello Ray, Hope you and Polly are keeping safe and sound and enjoying some modelling ? l am enjoying the three Bulleid builds and they are taking up a lot of my time but l'm getting near the end now just waiting for bits to be delivered to finish, then the paintshop l even have one to build for myself, PS are you doing anything in O gauge ?..

58 minutes ago, georgeT said:

PS are you doing anything in O gauge ?..

Er. Yes and no. We have a few items of RTR, a few kits and i have some track and a few turnouts but the intended plan is not working out when i put the stock on. I'm getting buffer lock on the coaching stock through the turnouts so its back to the drawing board. I know how to solve the problem (i think) but it means getting another 3 way turnout and crossing built, but i'm busy with a 5" gauge loco build at present which is taking up all my time. I might give Marcway a ring and see if they'll do it.

• Agree 1

Hi Ray, l know what you mean, it looks good in your head but when you lay it all out it doesn't work? but keep at it mate you will find something that will work, just think if you made another Camel Quay again it would be about 20 ft long Hahaha makes you think, have you thought about making your own track using copper-clad sleeper and bullhead rail and make the points to suit, that's what l am doing next time, take care...

Hi George. Yeh, i miss Camel Quay, it was nice and compact, had plenty of operator interest and i could set it up in the lounge and have a play every now and then. My worry is the O gauge layout is going to turn out too big to set up at home and will only see the light of day at exhibitions. Whenever that will be.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Hi George, eventually found you on page 5, any more new updates on the Bulleids?

Hello Andy, Welcome home buddy, the Bullieds are almost complete now having locked myself in a padded room for weeks, and they should be collected next Monday evening all being well, as l have run out of satin varnish and awaiting the postman, l will take some pictures before they go.. 

• Like 3