GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

51 minutes ago, Fastdax said:

I was at Hazel Grove yesterday and I kept an eye out for you, Mister Peters etc. but didn't spot you.

At least I bought a nice book about Q1s.

We were loitering with intent from about 10'30 till 1 -30 when it was time to head out for a coffee at the Garden Centre and a look in at the Model Shop there, even though Dave the Owner had his stand at the show.

3 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The Q1 is one of my favourite locos and this is looking great.

We used to go to waterloo most Saturdays  during the summer holidays in the early 60s, and we would often get off the train at Guildford on the way up for an hour or so, you would see plenty of Q1s on shed, great days...(wish l could have afforded  a camara in those days

• Like 3

Have done a lot more work on the Q1, and will fix wiper pick-ups to the front two axles on the loco, and the last two axles on the tender and will permanently fix the tender to the loco...

DSC06680.JPG

DSC06679.JPG

DSC06681.JPG

DSC06682.JPG

DSC06683.JPG

DSC06684.JPG

DSC06685.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 10

32 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Very nice indeed.

Southern or BR Livery?

Cheers, Ade.

Morning Ade, the Q1 will be finished BR Black No33024, (without lubricators) not sure if he wants it weathered yet?...

• Like 1

BR Black sounds good mate, like Ade said, a favourite of mine too. Still not sure what to do when I get down Souf as I like Q1's and Nelson's so it will probably need to be in Amsher somewhere.

I was impressed when I saw them both last week. Well done George.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

BR Black sounds good mate, like Ade said, a favourite of mine too. Still not sure what to do when I get down Souf as I like Q1's and Nelson's so it will probably need to be in Amsher somewhere.

I was impressed when I saw them both last week. Well done George.

Thanks  Andy l have done with big layouts and will concentrate  mainly on building locos and stock for myself and others, and will probably  build a small steam shed diarama just for photographic  purposes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, georgeT said:

Thanks  Andy l have done with big layouts and will concentrate  mainly on building locos and stock for myself and others, and will probably  build a small steam shed diarama just for photographic  purposes.

And what about your 00 Stock George?

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

And what about your 00 Stock George?

They were bought on impulse to be fair, and will be stored away until another day or another project, who knows what l will be up to tomorrow ?  or today even Hahahahahahaha...

• Like 2

Had a busy day today having finished the Q1, l went with the new owner to the open day at Morecambe  O gauge open day and the Q1 ran faultlessly, also while we were up that way we called into the model railway show at Blackburn, waste of time very disappointed the only highlight was to see  Jack374s great little depot layout with lots of nice sounds and nicely weathered locos...

IMG_20191109_124320.jpg

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

38 minutes ago, Jack374 said:

She's looking mighty fine George. Very nice to see you today, had no idea you were popping down! What’s the next project??... :senile:

Thanks,

Jack.

Hello Jack, Great to see you today and very nice to see the layout at last very nice, as to whats next well l have two Bulleid rebuilt west countries to build for a mate, and a King Arthur with a bogie tender for myself, so very busy for a while, glad to hear you are thinking O gauge, looking forward to what comes next, watching as usual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi George, very nice indeed! 

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Ade, Thanks very much mate the Q1 was a challenge as quite a lot of parts were missing and had to be scratch built should have checked first, Hahaha, when are you going to start loco building ?,

Edited by georgeT