Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

23 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sounds a good project buddy,  👍  and as we have discussed on the phone, Covid has knocked you for six since you came out of Hospital.

Any pics in the pipeline? 😃

Not at the moment Andy, as l have some customer work to catch up up, and a few paint jobs...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

In my quest to build a TPO, class 47 hauled train l have started with a NSX Postal sorting van from PR Models, which was being a bit of a challenge at first, but after having a really nice long chat with Peter Besant at Doncaster O gauge show l discovered the kit was from David Parkins from 1987 so it is a really old kit but a few helpful tips from Peter has made the job a lot easier...

DSC07702.JPG

DSC07715.JPG

DSC07717.JPG

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Having a break from The Fairburn tank that's taking up a lot of my time at the moment, l have made a few changes to the TPO and that is to replace the ends with some Darsted ones, plus a new roof from Ellis Clark, all shown placed lightly in position...

DSC07753.JPG

DSC07754.JPG

DSC07755.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

14 hours ago, georgeT said:

Hi Andy, l must agree with you they are rather big and bold...

More so when your 13 and 4'8" tall. Worked on both of them 2073 & 2085.

OzzyO.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• georgeT changed the title to GeorgeT's (7mm Workbench) TPO

Back to my quest to build some TPO coaches from the 80s, so l have scrapped the lima coach route and have gone down the Darstead road by using sides, roofs and ends all l have to do now is build the floors using thick plasticard of 4mm Foamex....(here are the sides after a soak in cellulose thinners)

DSC07763.JPG

DSC07764.JPG

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• 5 weeks later...

Having two factory weathered 33012 7mm class 33s, l decided to clean up and make a class 33/1 out of the spare one 33118 a favourite of mine from my Eastleigh days...  

DSC07999.JPG

DSC08000.JPG

DSC08001.JPG

Edited by georgeT
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well l am back to the building of a TPO train at last, not too happy with the yellow lines l think they are too wide as l think they are for the 325 unit (as they are a bit wider than the Mk1 stock) and they could be a bit straighter, so they will be replaced soon ...

DSC08008.JPG

DSC08009.JPG

DSC08010.JPG

DSC08011.JPG

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

3 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

They are for the 325s, produced specially for the models I built for Royal M ail when the trains were new. One of the 7mm ones is on display in the NRM.

Thanks for that Michael, explains a lot...

• Like 1