Spenford Halt 0 Gauge

spenc

Hi Richard & DLT 

Thank you both for your  comments see you both in January

Steve

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY MODELLING NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE WHO HAS FOLLOWED MY LAYOUT THREAD HOPE TO POST MORE SOON

CHEERS STEVE  :drinks:

Hi everyone

Done bit more today got the fiddle yard sorted made two cassettes only down side i should have made them 6ins bigger it will only take loco &3 wagons but they look ok ordered 2 more clay hoods so they should be here soon.Heres some pictures.Comments welcome.

Steve

post-11944-0-53922600-1356896150_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-78016500-1356896178_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-43008300-1356896214_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-23272200-1356896251_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-53922600-1356896150_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-78016500-1356896178_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-43008300-1356896214_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-23272200-1356896251_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Nice work - they look nice and sturdy and have that all important barrier to stop rolling stock rolling...we've all been there :O

I think the length looks fine in proportion to the layout :good:

Happy New Year Steve!

Hi bcnPete

I made them like that because of the weight of the locos it worked out just right because when both cassettes are on nothing will fall of the layout think i might do one a bit longer.

Happy New Year

Steve.

Hi cromptonnut

The cassettes are 36ins long they are made with 2x1 timber & 9mm MDF screwed & glued.

Happy New Year

Steve.

Hi Ray

The cassettes will take loco & 3 wagons but i wanted them to take 4 wagons so i will do another one later.Its soon be show time see you there

Happy New Year

Steve.

A BIG cheers to everyone may 2013 be a good one :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:

I'll be using a similar system to your cassettes but at 4ft long (apart from the one for the DMU) - but I'm only likely to need three, perhaps four in total.

Wish we could come down to the Beaminster show and see the layout but sadly we have other plans for that weekend (I have family in Chard so it's not far)

Hi Steve

On Tawbridge we have done some small cassettes just to take the loco's so the train is on the large cassettes so uncouple loco from train then you could us the loco on another train with out handling the loco, So when you set up the cassettes for the train coming in you put the large one in then the small one but don't have the small one connected electronicly to the large so the train will stop automaticly, for train going out just do the reverse.

RAY70B

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

The one concern that I would have with long cassettes, especially with 7mm, is being to lift and turn whilst keeping the them level and not having stock falling off!

See you in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing Spenford in the flesh.

Hi Steve,

The one concern that I would have with long cassettes, especially with 7mm, is being to lift and turn whilst keeping the them level and not having stock falling off!

See you in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing Spenford in the flesh.

The suggestion above about a short cassette for the loco only separate to the train cassette is a good one - you don't necessarily need to turn the train round on most occasions, only perhaps swapping loco and brake van ends.

The Heljan 33 at 3.5kg is bad enough to lift as it is without the weight of a train as well :)

Hi

Well my new year as started bad started work 6.30am. 11.00am at Bridport hospital thumb got too close to the meat slicer.Sliced from top to about an inch down so off work and no modeling.

Hi cromptonnut

I will do one a bit bigger the ones i have done with loco and stock they are heavy i will put them on the scales latter you can pick it up alright without anything moving.sorry you cannot make it to Beaminster we do one in Bridport in July.

Hi Richard

see you at Beaminster.

Steve

Hi cromptonnut

At the moment i have no details for our Bridport show it should be the 3rd week in July Spenford should be there.When i get the details i will put them on here.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Still recovering from Accident with the meat slicer.But i have got round to putting transfers on the 33 & DMU I think i might have over done it with the weathering on the DMU it looks better in the flesh heres some pictures.

Steve

post-11944-0-17073900-1357898983_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-60261500-1357899016_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-52809500-1357899195_thumb.jpg

post-11944-0-84144200-1357899235_thumb.jpg

Hi Ray

Beaminster has come round too fast still lots to do so it will be a still work in progress waiting for 2 more wagons off next week but going to Burton on Trent  to see inlaws back on friday.Glad you like what i have done.So will see you &Richard there.

Steve

Hi class''66''

I had another look at the DMU its ok but i will see what its like in the day light.Thats the down fall of doing the weathering at night you cannot get tell if it looks ok thanks for comment.

Steve

Hi

well just two days to go for Beaminster show hoping theres some parcels waiting for me tomorrow when we get home from our trip to Burton on Trent.Snow can stay away we are missing Dorset.

Steve

Archived