legomanbiffo

buggerlugs

Hi all,

I received Bif's new Class 20 sound file a couple of days ago,and after a few hours of getting used to the "different" functions I have to say that Bif's done a great job with this file. I wasn't sure at first. (I maybe "over drove it") so I went off and watched Bif's YouTube films a couple of times and it all seemed to make sense on how I needed "drive it". I already had one of Bif's Class 25 files so I pretty much knew what to expect, but this Class 20 file is in a different league!( I'm sorry but I don't have anything I can use to post a video of how it actually sounds)

Thanks Bif, keep up the good work, I'll be back for more! (Maybe you are working on a Class 55 / Deltic for your next project?)

Hi Cassey,

I have two Class 20's with Digitrain Zimo files and as you quite rightly say they are good,very good, but they don't have the "extra" functions/tweaks that are on Bif's file.

(Take a look at Bif's video's on You Tube)

I've been comparing them both since I received Bif's and now I've got used to "driving it" I prefer Bif's.

I still like the "Digitrains" file too, but prefer Bif's (who said I don't watch the Aldi ads?)

But hey in the end it's all down to a matter of preference? Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing? Happy modelling.

Cheers B.L.

Hi Cassey,

I have two Class 20's with Digitrain Zimo files and as you quite rightly say they are good,very good, but they don't have the "extra" functions/tweaks that are on Bif's file.

(Take a look at Bif's video's on You Tube).

Cheers B.L.

BL,

I agree totally that its good -I also rate Biffs 37's 37/0 and 37/4 plus his 33 - all the best I have heard on a loksound chip but....

The reply I gave was because I also have Biff's 20, -..... but once the novelty of cold starts dies, there is not much available in function list [is it the same on every chip?]...

As you know the Digitrains Zimo 20 has what 12 useful functions on it, - the shut down mode is especially good.

But overall the Digitrains 20 actually sounds a bit better, the engine notes sound right, I had to try various speakers as well,- but that's me and as you rightly say its personal choice......

The reply I gave was because I also have Biff's 20, -..... but once the novelty of cold starts dies, there is not much available in function list [is it the same on every chip?]...

I think a lot of it is down to the project designer. There are 32 sound slots in the ESU decoder, some disappear with sound needed for motion, but that's still a lot of horns, buzzers, creaks, squeals, etc.. Plus various random or pseudo random paths through a sound slot.

Personally I'm not that bothered about a dozen different (lengthy) startup sound sequences, I just want to drive the engine.

- Nigel

Archived