Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

legomanbiffo

buggerlugs

Hi all,

I received Bif's new Class 20 sound file a couple of days ago,and after a few hours of getting used to the "different" functions I have to say that Bif's done a great job with this file. I wasn't sure at first. (I maybe "over drove it") so I went off and watched Bif's YouTube films a couple of times and it all seemed to make sense on how I needed "drive it". I already had one of Bif's Class 25 files so I pretty much knew what to expect, but this Class 20 file is in a different league!( I'm sorry but I don't have anything I can use to post a video of how it actually sounds)

Thanks Bif, keep up the good work, I'll be back for more! (Maybe you are working on a Class 55 / Deltic for your next project?)

Hi Cassey,

I have two Class 20's with Digitrain Zimo files and as you quite rightly say they are good,very good, but they don't have the "extra" functions/tweaks that are on Bif's file.

(Take a look at Bif's video's on You Tube)

I've been comparing them both since I received Bif's and now I've got used to "driving it" I prefer Bif's.

I still like the "Digitrains" file too, but prefer Bif's (who said I don't watch the Aldi ads?)

But hey in the end it's all down to a matter of preference? Wouldn't life be boring if we all liked the same thing? Happy modelling.

Cheers B.L.

Hi Cassey,

I have two Class 20's with Digitrain Zimo files and as you quite rightly say they are good,very good, but they don't have the "extra" functions/tweaks that are on Bif's file.

(Take a look at Bif's video's on You Tube).

Cheers B.L.

BL,

I agree totally that its good -I also rate Biffs 37's 37/0 and 37/4 plus his 33 - all the best I have heard on a loksound chip but....

The reply I gave was because I also have Biff's 20, -..... but once the novelty of cold starts dies, there is not much available in function list [is it the same on every chip?]...

As you know the Digitrains Zimo 20 has what 12 useful functions on it, - the shut down mode is especially good.

But overall the Digitrains 20 actually sounds a bit better, the engine notes sound right, I had to try various speakers as well,- but that's me and as you rightly say its personal choice......

The reply I gave was because I also have Biff's 20, -..... but once the novelty of cold starts dies, there is not much available in function list [is it the same on every chip?]...

I think a lot of it is down to the project designer. There are 32 sound slots in the ESU decoder, some disappear with sound needed for motion, but that's still a lot of horns, buzzers, creaks, squeals, etc.. Plus various random or pseudo random paths through a sound slot.

Personally I'm not that bothered about a dozen different (lengthy) startup sound sequences, I just want to drive the engine.

- Nigel

Archived