MurrayField Junction

LDM34046

Hello, Just started a New layout, I've Made the Baseboards, laid down the track and set up the power, wiring will be done in the holidays and I'm looking for some inspiration, Plus, if my Computer speeds up I might be able to add some photos!!!

Anyway Layout is powered by a Bachmann Dynamis set which is very good although signal from the handset is a problem, all locos at the moment are DCC and many feature lights with the class 25 featuring sound. Locos include 20,25,55,03,150 and hopefully soon, If I can save up for it: a Heljan class 33 which I found on Hattons for £49!!!!!!!!!!!

all track is peco code 100 Flexible track with pointwork being peco set track which has been livened with Hornby power clips. Track is laid on cork underlay.

Computers, playing up, hopefully will be adding some photos, I mentioned the Heljan class 33, well actuallly the one I'm after is a Class 26!!!

If you have any advice on DCC or BR blue Diesel Layouts, I would be greatful

IMG 3399

AARRRRGGGHHHHH

hopefully these photos work!!

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

Please Anyone!!! how do you put photos on a forum!!

Click on the "More Reply Options" button when you go to post. Then down the bottom attach your files, then once uploaded click the "add to post" button

Hope that helps, MNG

Hey, looking good - glad you managed to sort out the photos.

What wood did you use for the baseboard...?

Thanks, MNG

just finnished hard wiring a lima class 33 into DCC, took about an hour. Hopefully will post some photos. Also does anyone know the dates for the RmWeb Members day?? you know the exibition thingy in taunton!!!! please does anyone know the dates and the exibiting rules???

MurrayField Junction

• 3 weeks later...

Just started the wiring!!!! what a nighmare!!!!

also built the control panel along with some ekon signals: very good kit and just by looking at the sprue that the parts arrive on its very self explanary even without the instructions. wiring looks easy for that :no:

• RMweb Premium

Keep the photos coming, it'll be interesting to see how this develops once you complete the scenery. If you are (as mentioned elsewhere) looking to get the layout out on the exhibition circuit most exhibition managers will want to at least have seen plenty of photos. Maybe expand on your description of the layout too - dimensions, era modelled, what area; is it inspired by anything/anywhere in particular?

HTH

the layout is set when British Rail was on its last legs and privitisation was coming into effect. they layout is based in a fictional town based between tonbridge and sevenoaks. it recieves little passenger duties but frieght arrives on a regular basis. most of the rakes seen at MurrayField as small will the loco only pulling 2 or 3 wagons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, long time since last post!!

been busy though!! trying to sort out how to do the wiring!! wiring 9 motors, 3 signals, CDU, toggle switches and track power all together!!! arrrggghhh!!!!!

If anyone has any good ideas on building trestles or folding legs please let me know!!!

Murrayfield Junction

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. progress to an all time slow. Had to redo the inner curve to the fiddle yard because the class 37's and 66's woundn't go around it!!! If anyone has any ideas on how to make trestles to hold up a layout then that would be very helpful!!

Post some pictures soon!!!

MurrayField Junction

• 2 weeks later...

MurrayField Junction Here

Just Finished the new station for the Layout. The model is a kit from the Heljan Tackley Halt set. Its been built as per the instructions and weathered using a mix of GamesWorkshop washes and paints. The Signs have been changed on word to read 'MurrayField' from the Origanal sheet that is included in the set. Hope you like the pics!!!

post-15554-0-44439600-1343985049_thumb.jpg

post-15554-0-39831700-1343985064_thumb.jpgpost-15554-0-84643400-1343985077_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello RMwebbers

Sorry for such a long delay...............

whats happened in the since the start of the summer.......

THE WIRING IS COMPLETE!!!!! (well one board anyway!!)

FIRST EVER EXIBITION PLANNED.......if you would like to see MurrayField Junction then go to the Medway Model Railway Exibition 2013......we will be there!!!!

Also things have been bought!!!!

Class 08 in Mainline Livery

Class 26 in Dutch livery (opening it as we speak)

also ballasting is in progress!! (as we speak)

I will add some photos when I have time to because I've been busy fitting decoders!!!!!!

Thank you for all the support so far!!! keep it coming!!!!!

MurrayField Junction!!!

Hi, following the track plan, I also managed to get some CAD/CAM ideas of the layout....

but the uploader couldn't handle the size...

If you want any more pics just ask.....

After christmas I should have the main structures in place

Archived