Just a gentle nudge

ITS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT BEER AND MODEL RAILROADS GO TOGETHER!!!

WELL THEY DO IN CUMBRIA

NOT SURE ABOUT NORTH OF THE BORDER OR ANYWHERE ELSE??

FOR SOME REASON I CAN'T CHANGE MY FONT STYLE??????

TIME FOR A PHOTO

post-13979-0-43872000-1338992065_thumb.jpg

RAY

What a piece of junk!! Of course I mean that in the finest modelling sense. Reminds me of the early 90's when railroads were just full of lease patched "rent-a-wrecks.

Sorry, are we going to a Model Railway Show, or a Beer Festival...?? :scratchhead: :D

ITS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT BEER AND MODEL RAILROADS GO TOGETHER!!!

WELL THEY DO IN CUMBRIA

I wasn't actually complaining, either way.... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

This a repeat of my post in the TVNAM Exhibition thread for those who may not see it there

Gentlemen (and Ladies) - I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I am unable to attend after all. This afternoon we went to the cinema, and on the way out I put my foot down on a piece of floor that wasn't there (there was a further step) and fell. SWMBO was holding my arm, and my fall dragged her over - she has fractured her right arm near the shoulder, and is certainly not going to be able to take care of herself for 3 days while I would be away. I was really looking forward to meeting you all, and am really sorry not to be there as promised - knowing that many will have seen the postings in the USA "Gentle nudge" thread - I'll post in there too. Apologies for having to withdraw

Jack aka Shortliner

This a repeat of my post in the TVNAM Exhibition thread for those who may not see it there

Gentlemen (and Ladies) - I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but I am unable to attend after all. This afternoon we went to the cinema, and on the way out I put my foot down on a piece of floor that wasn't there (there was a further step) and fell. SWMBO was holding my arm, and my fall dragged her over - she has fractured her right arm near the shoulder, and is certainly not going to be able to take care of herself for 3 days while I would be away. I was really looking forward to meeting you all, and am really sorry not to be there as promised - knowing that many will have seen the postings in the USA "Gentle nudge" thread - I'll post in there too. Apologies for having to withdraw

Jack aka Shortliner

Well, I've never heard such a lame ass excuse before. :nono:

Seriously Jack, take care of your lady. She's going to need some pampering and tender care. There's always next year.

Well, I've never heard such a lame ass excuse before. :nono:

Seriously Jack, take care of your lady. She's going to need some pampering and tender care. There's always next year.

... and you'll have to be on your best behaviour forever onwards now... 'cos she'll freely remind you it was really your fault, if ever you're in her bad books.... :O

Only kidding - all the best to both of you...

Thanks guys - I'm very sorry not to be able to make it - I think she was looking forward to 3 days of (relative) peace and quiet, and another quiet weekend the following Saturday with me being away at Perth (also no longer viable) Ah, well - maybe next year - I won't promise or that will put the kybosh on it! Thanks, and post lots of photos to show me what I'm missing :sad_mini: :sad_mini: :sad_mini:

Sorry to hear that Jack, I'm sure she'll make a speedy recovery and allows you out soon. I'm impressed youve got time for such leisure activities, I've still got a bit of layout to finish...

Mishaps do seem to happen to TVNAM'ers just before the show, so let's hope everyone else has an uneventful week...

Archived