91110 RAF Memorial Flight

CullingworthGNR

Called in wed 9th and was informed that

850 models were sold or allocated, including mine ;-) , leaving 150 available

Thanks for that. I'm sure it will sell out - and (on my 'O' level maths) that means £5,000 will be going to the RAF Benevolent fund. By the way, for anyone who always wanted to see the BBMF but has not done so, this would be a good year, as the World's only other flying Lancaster is coming over from Ontario, Canada, for a visit and will make several appearances with the BBMF. Another 'Great Gathering' but in the air, this time.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Can't believe it, I've bought one. But the livery does look fantastic. I suppose I'll have to buy some of those Dapol catenary masts now, perhaps create a short depot test track for electrics off repairs..... and only bring it out when the steam locos are removed.

An excellent model by the looks of it :) Thanks Philip for the video and the others too for posting images :)

It's a pity the model isn't upgraded even a little. Whilst the main body is good enough the model can do with a 3/5-pole motor, DCC socket*, lighting, better pantograpgh, NEM couplings, etched front grille and better wheels.

An excellent model by the looks of it :) Thanks Philip for the video and the others too for posting images :)

It's a pity the model isn't upgraded even a little. Whilst the main body is good enough the model can do with a 3/5-pole motor, DCC socket*, lighting, better pantograpgh, NEM couplings, etched front grille and better wheels.

It does have a DCC decoder socket.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/model-trains/Hornby-diesel-electrics/Hornby-class-90-91-92-locomotives/Hornby-r3001-class-91-110-battle-of-britain-memorial-flight-in-east-coast-raf-memorial-flight-livery/

I'd gladly pay 150 if only Olivia's actually added a DCC decoder and lights already. Or if that extra amount was actually being donated apart from the fiver. :(

Anyone knows why Olivia's charges extra? I've noticed this with the "Bucklebury Grange" as well.

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/model-trains/Hornby-diesel-electrics/Hornby-class-90-91-92-locomotives/Hornby-r3001-class-91-110-battle-of-britain-memorial-flight-in-east-coast-raf-memorial-flight-livery/

I'd gladly pay 150 if only Olivia's actually added a DCC decoder and lights already. Or if that extra amount was actually being donated apart from the fiver. :(

Anyone knows why Olivia's charges extra? I've noticed this with the "Bucklebury Grange" as well.

The model is an exclusive Model Rail limited edition, available direct from Model Rail (01209  613984) at £109.95. To the best of my knowledge no special arrangement has been made to supply Olivia's Trains (or any other retailer), they must have bought them at full retail and hence the need to add their mark-up to £150. We do not normally supply models to retailers although Olivia's does sometimes take some stock in order to fit decoders/ sound etc. We still have this model in stock at Model Rail at present and I had the initial delivery checked and I am assured that - as supplied by Hornby to Model Rail - the Class 91 DOES have a DCC socket and the cheapest option is to buy direct from  Model Rail rather than from Ebay etc.

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived