O Gauge 08

two tone green

• RMweb Gold

Alas stories like this are one of the consequences of the age of rapid communication. We are fortunate with Dapol that Dave comes on here and gives us information from the front end so to speak yet still rumours and incorrect tales can get a hold if not stamped on as quickly as this one was.

Edit to correct typos

What are the intentions behind the post. Please do let me know.

But as the Station master says, its been stamped on by Dapol Dave.

Tower Models should withdraw their web site posting as they did when they posted about the forthcoming releases due from Dapol before they were on general release

One could even start to speculate it is only muddying the water to give more chance to gain sales of their Bachmann 08 before everyone rushes out to buy the more keenly priced Dapol one. No supporting evidence for the theory. It is just the way it looks to me, after all why should they make up an announcement of a delay. I'm still waiting for the rush of unbuilt kits to be disposed of on eBay.Have to add a thanks to DapolDave for putting the record straight through RMWeb - always better to hear from the horse's mouth than a competitor.

Hi Kenton,

That's the bit about this, what do Tower hope to gain from the posting. the Bachmann 08 is expensive compared to Dapol, not quite the right shape and not many around either these days I think.

If anyone was going to buy a 08 would they now go spend a lot more or wait until next March, the difference in price is enough to warrant a wait possibly and with cash in short supply a lot may opt to wait.

But as you say, chance to get rid of stock sitting on shelves but their web site is showing sold out for all 08's.

Will see what happens next.

Hi chaps,

I like to think its a simple mistake.

Trouble is there's only 2-3 people at Dapol who actually know what's happening and only 1 that has ALL the up to date gen.

Now it maybe that the wrong message got out, so let's cut them some slack.

For all I know, we might be to blame for wrong information getting not the public domain, and that's up to us to put right.

Tell you what though, god help me if I miss Christmas with the 08, you guys will string me up.lol

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

One could even start to speculate it is only muddying the water to give more chance to gain sales of their Bachmann 08 before everyone rushes out to buy the more keenly priced Dapol one. No supporting evidence for the theory. It is just the way it looks to me, after all why should they make up an announcement of a delay. I'm still waiting for the rush of unbuilt kits to be disposed of on eBay.Have to add a thanks to DapolDave for putting the record straight through RMWeb - always better to hear from the horse's mouth than a competitor.

You mean the one that was sold out over a year ago, I know I imported them ;-)

John FSB

By the way, why no wasp stripe on the green versions.

Leave the stripes on please. I can paint green or blue, and I can paint over the stripes. What I can't do is stripes to any decent standard.

Ed

Archived