SBB Youtube Channel

Frutigen

• RMweb Premium

SBB has released a song performed by two of its workers, which they've used as the base for a lot of videos and TV ads. The theme roughly translates as "feel at home on your journey".

This version is probably the most interesting one from a railway point of view; great fun trying to name all the locations and types of rolling stock.

Or go here to see the full collection. This can take a while...

Keith

Added later: Then there's the SBBCargo channel.

• RMweb Premium

What's the tiny electric shunter (?) doing at 1:40 in the first link? looks like it's attached to an EMU/DMU of some kind.

I've seen one of these doing station pilot duties at Zurich HB. it's one of their state of the art new electric shunters by Stadler; builder's flyer here. Doesn't look much but it's 1000hp and 60mph. I think I read they're developing a hybrid version, too.

The coach is a driving trailer for their 125mph EWIV (ie Mk4) main line push pull trains. The driving trailers were converted from redundant international coaches to complete the sets. Take a look at this web page - line 45 onwards shows the different ways these are formed into trains and some of them are well and truly bonkers. Here's a

of two of them going flat out on just about the only really fast stretch of line in the entire country.

Grützi and merci for that. I think "cute" is almost the right word for those shunters. They remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it.

The builder's flyer says the design speed was 120km/h (eek!), but SBB fix it at 100, which is fast enough for a shunter.

Thought your "flat out" video was going to be one of the shunters going like the clappers!

Archived