Victoria (Australia)

D6775

Well, Its been a while since I have done much modelling, house moves etc, but I have been ticking over with odds and sods.

I have a plan to build a small layout loosly based on Warnnambool c2001 with utilising WCR, V/Line and FA stock set to EM gauge. I can't do much at the moment until the shed is built to house my layout(s) and models, so am concentrating on some of the buildings that will see use and stock. I started to build the carriage shed a couple of weeks ago and tonight I have re-wheeled my D vans and lightly weatehred them, decided to take them into he garden and get some phots with the carriage shed.

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01085.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

DSC01092.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

DSC01094.jpg

DSC01093.jpg

Hope this is of interest to some

Cheers,

Al..

Very nice. I was a personal friend of the late Gary McDonald, one of the founders of WCR. Great to see it live on. Will you be doing a blue R class too? :)

But why stop at EM gauge? There is a fledgling group in Victoria doing true HOb5¼ (18.37mm gauge).

Cheers

David

I would love a blue R when Eureka release them but I don't think I can justify the expense, I really need to clear out some of the UK models to free up some cash!

I've gone with EM as information, gauges and parts (wheels etc) are generally pretty readilly available in the UK and I figured having some of this support with my first finescale venture would be a good move.Plus its pretty damn close.

• 1 month later...

Ah, so that's how awful the originals were! :O Yep, it was worth doing after all then. :sungum:

(By the way Alistair, you left the remainder of the wiring harness behind, so I'll have to get it to you next time we meet...)

Ah, so that's how awful the originals were! :O Yep, it was worth doing after all then. :sungum:

(By the way Alistair, you left the remainder of the wiring harness behind, so I'll have to get it to you next time we meet...)

Indeed!! I realised whenI got home. Just chuck it int he box with the 'F' class.

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a couple of evenings work on the shed this week, slow progress but getting there. Base has now been cut out to install Pits and all three roads are now tracked! First attempt failed so now has bas plates through the shed, will be 'concreted' over at some point.

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

All for now!!

Al

Archived