The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

BBC

Theakerr

i know this is not MR related but it is one of only two sites that i know will have ex pats trying to access the BBC. Anyway, about three days ago a friend of mine in Canada stopped being able to access any BBC sites. Today the same thing has happened to me. The message I get is that the server at the BBC end is not responding. Anyone else having similar problems. FYI, I use Safari and my friend is using Explorer.

Thanks Gentlemen. I also sent out an email to the BRMNA (British Railway Modellers of North America) and some are having problems like me, some have gone to the BBC home page via Google and reset the link (doesn't work for me) and yet others are having no issues. Consensus is that it is associated with the new cookie law, but that doesn't help me deal with it.

It may be something to do with the new UK "Cookie" law. When I went there (the main BBC News site) early last week I had to agree to have a cookie...

Personally it is all the adverts that really annoy me on the BBC - seems such a strange thing to write..

Best, Pete.

Archived